Project CARS Release Date, PS4 Footage and a Wii U Update

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Sep 6, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

First off, Project CARS has an official release date. An earlier leak that suggested it would be out Nov. 18 in North America and Nov. 21 in Europe has been confirmed, along with the announcement of some pre-order bonuses you can check out here.

But there’s more going on. It’s been pretty clear that the console versions of Project CARS aren’t going to hit the lofty heights of graphics wow that the PC version does, but by just how much do they fall short? This new video of PS4 footage from Eurogamer gives us an idea.

And it still looks quite nice, actually. You wouldn’t kick it out of the metaphorical bed for eating the metaphorical crackers. But you might wish you had a nice gaming PC instead, especially since Eurogamer pegs the frame rate for the PS4 version at about 30 FPS.

The Eurogamer article the video is from grandiosely calls Project CARS already a better racing game than Forza or Gran Turismo, which is an impressive accolade for a crowd-funded project. Despite admitting that Slightly Mad Studios is the Underdog, Creative Director Andy Tudor is confident in the quality of the game.

“If you are looking for something with cars that are realistic, with tracks and with features that you wished had been in Forza and Gran Turismo for many years, with no tire squeal like there is in Gran Turismo, cars that don’t go round in a funeral procession like Forza, then Project Cars is the one for you,” said Tudor. “But to even be compared to them is honor enough.”

The Eurogamer article also has a brief sidebar that should be a relief to Wii U fans. Pushing the Wii U version to 2015 was not a stealthy way of cancelling it, Tudor insists.

“The Nintendo fans we’ve got are crying out for a game like this. They don’t really have that experience currently, and there hasn’t really been anything like it on Wii previously. It’s not our job to disappoint those guys. So when we say the Wii U version is delayed in 2015 because we need a little more time, that’s all it is. We just want to make sure it’s of the same standard of all the other games. To do that, we just need a little more time. I’ve seen the Wii U version, I’ve seen it quite regularly. It’s got dynamic time of day, weather – it looks phenomenal. And the actual console itself is quite good,” Tudor said.

Project Cars will be out for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on Nov. 18 in North America and Nov. 21 in Europe and out some time in 2015 for Wii U and Steam OS.

The post Project CARS Release Date, PS4 Footage and a Wii U Update appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I am really glad that they finally have a release date. It's been in development for a bit too long I reckon. Just release the game already. You can patch things out later on.

3. ray king

ray king Member

Project Cars is an awesome looking game by the people who are developing the MMO racing game World of Speed. Something that both game features is weather effects that I am really looking forward to. Again both games have great lighting effect and you can see how great it is in the Project Cars trailer. The game looks very realistic and and its already on my buy list.

4. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

I have high hopes for Project Cars, and I feel like it has potential to overtake Forza in the Race Arcade Sim genre. It has better graphics, and is on PC, which is a platform Forza doesn't seem to care at all about. I'm going to be getting this as soon as it comes out, and I'm super hyped for it.