Project Cars Gains New DLC, Loses Wii U Plans

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Peter Paltridge, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Susime

Susime Active Member

Yeah I have to agree.

The Wii u console seems to be centred on sort of family fun gaming, not serious gaming with full real graphics type of games. And for what it does, the Wii u does it well, but it's just not cut out for net-gen type games.

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yup, so I'm thinking that the Wii u users won't really see this as that much of a loss since I'm assuming it's not what they were after when they first bought a Nintendo anyway.

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm sure anyone could have seen that it just wasn't going to happen. Yeah with that in mind it might have been a little bad them saying they we're gonna do a port and getting people's hopes up, but if you really think about it it would have taken a huge re-work of the game to make it even somewhat compatible, and sadly it's just not viable for a company trying to make money.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I didn't know they once announced they were doing a port and I think it's not right that they don't deliver on something they promised but you're right in that they probably are left without much other option and they probably had good intentions in wanting to port it in the first place.

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

I don't think anything was ever promised in way of a Wii u version, I think the team said themselves that it was always going to be a maybe from the start with nothing set in stone.

6. troutski

troutski Active Member

I usually figure that a maybe means it's a long shot when it comes to video games and ports and whatnot.

7. troutski

troutski Active Member

Isn't that the best way to treat such things, since maybe often means no a lot more than it means yes?

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Well that's much better then. They do seem like an honest team considering how they have conducted themselves from before launch to now so I think they will always have supporters.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

They have created an awesome game and while it does have it's problems, it is still a great game and for that they will get a lot of recognition for being able to deliver on creating something beautiful.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, Wii U was never something 100% confirmed and just a rumor, so they shouldn't give this game so much flack for it. Wii U is also pretty good to implement

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think at this point they have sold a lot and have garnered a lot of fans so they must be doing something right.

Yeah I'm thinking that was more just a bonus for them anyway so I'm sure they are fine with it since from what I heard the game is already very successful at present.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It is. The game doesn't really need a port to Wii U, it'd only lose them a lot of resources and time. They can just focus on keeping the rest of the games for their certain platforms fresh.

13. troutski

troutski Active Member

Sure, there are some controversies surrounding the game and how certain things have been handled, but I can honestly say that I'll be purchasing Project Cars 2, pretty much no matter what.

14. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'm assuming that some of the people that are miffed about the developer's actions won't be giving Project Cars 2 even the slightest consideration, though.

15. Susime

Susime Active Member

Yeah you're right there.

Apparently some users on Wii u forums are, or were, up in arms about it with some even suggesting to boycott the company over their decision.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That does sound like the most sensible decision. I think it's what's best for the fans since they can dedicate the time for making more updates.

17. jbepp

jbepp Member

I really love Project Cars, and DLC that's worth buying is always something good to see. It's too bad that the Wii U will lose this amazing game, but I feel like it simply isn't the right platform for this kind of game. I love my Wii U but it's a much more casual console and I'll always have fun with it. For more serious gaming, I feel like nothing beats the PC.