Need for Speed Rivals PC Port - What Happened?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by Miles Hansen, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Miles Hansen

Miles Hansen New Member

Honestly, I don't know if anyone is still here, but what happened to the PC Port for this game? How can they actually charge money for that?
    Considering how much I actually enjoyed it when I played the PS3 version at a friends house, it just boggles my mind how they could screw up so badly with the PC port. Locked at 30 fps, and I've heard that if you unlock it with an external program it makes the game speed up. Besides that, it was just so buggy. The controls were crap, and not optimized for PC because even though the keys were rebindable, you still had to navigate using the arrow keys instead of you mouse.
    Admittedly I haven't played it since the day I bought it so it might have changed, but wow. Not a great experience I must say.

2. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

I think this whole PC port is just one big mess.I concur the controls are a sham and i have never experienced such difficulty when playing a game!

3. BRyze

BRyze Member

I always feel like PC Ports of games usually turn out pretty bad so I don't expect much from them. Then sometimes we get a good one but we think it's great because the others have lowered ours standards so much. But like Jeremy2 said this one was a big mess.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

The flaws you guys are pointing out are the same ones that hit the console versions, really.

5. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Too lazy to do a proper pc version = not worth paying for in my opinion. It's sad that you can't trust anything at launch and you have to wait and see if you're getting a complete game or something gimped.

6. jcc

jcc New Member

EA happened to it. EA are terrible- they promise the earth and when they do that, you can take it as a warning sign that whatever they promise will be rubbish- for example this PC port.

7. Corten

Corten Member

A greedy company with no interest in consumer satisfaction happened. I see this trend going through big companies like EA and Ubisoft. They just don't care about us, pump out the games every year and reap money. Everyone talks back about Activision, but at least CoDs are stable games and never had problems at launch or afterwards.

8. jcc

jcc New Member

Yes, once a company goes big, they disregard feedback from seasoned gamers like us, and instead focus on their excel spreadsheets and profit outlooks. Such a shame, because sometimes, they can release good games.

9. Corten

Corten Member

All we can do is to vote with our wallets. I'm not going to buy half-made games with bugs and crashes that won't let me enjoy the game I've paid for. I advise the same to everyone else.

10. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

I can get behind this.

11. Maxx Johnson

Maxx Johnson New Member

EA always push their games for earlier releases, whether they're done or not. Battlefield 4 is an example of that. It was completely unfinished for 6 months, at least. I cannot comment on how BF4 is now because I stopped playing it from all the frustration from the bugs in the game.

12. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

I played BF4 in beta up until its launch, the game in fact worked better in its beta iteration than it did for its actual release. I was never able to understand how they managed to b reak the game between a beta client to a retail client but they managed. glitches, hit detection, all sorts of things.

13. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

EA happened. All their launches have been a disaster lately, and it seems that they haven't even bothered patching some of the crippled games they released.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think some ports just turn out to be faulty, especially when done by a company that isn't known to put in as much effort as some. I'd trust Rockstar to make good ports, for example, but other companies I'd be more skeptical.

15. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Avoid PC Ports by EA in general (and Ubisoft). They've really gone downhill especially with regard to the PC platform.

16. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

I don't really think that I want a port at this point. It is going to suck because they have put it off this long that when it is finally released they are going to do a bad job.

17. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I never really enjoyed playing any type of racing game on PC. I much rather prefer to play it on a console, with a wide screen TV. It's a lot easier to control with a gaming control. I guess PC ports aren't really the best. A mouse and keyboard is no good compared to an actual controller.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah unfortunately I don't think they do so with as much passion as others so what consumers get is a half baked product and the worst part is everyone's still paying full price.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think Ubisoft did just fine with their PC ports, of course there were some issues but the games overall looked good. On the other hand, EA are only focusing on money and don't care too much about their ports, as long as they're playable.