No Burnout HD Collection For You

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Peter Paltridge, Oct 1, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

Criterion Games, developers of the Burnout racing series, were recently asked by a fan on Twitter if there were any plans to repackage the past Burnout games and release them in a remastered collection, as is the current custom. It doesn’t look like it.

Gareth Long
    @CriterionGames what about the Burnout Collection bundle for PS4/Xbox One rumour I just started right then?

CriterionGames
    @gatchers Hah! You’re not the first with that one. Nice idea but it’s still not true. We’ve moved on to newer, even better things!

Criterion was then asked about a rerelease just for Burnout Paradise, the last-gen title. The news was a little more positive, but only if you already own a 360 disc of the game.

Nope. No plans for anything like that, except getting Paradise running on XBox One through backwards compatibility

The question this opens up is, what’s the top-secret project Criterion is working on that is so important that they have no time for something as simple as remastering a bunch of old games? They’ve kept tight-lipped on that answer. Whether they’re working on another Burnout, or a different game entirely, no one knows.

The post No Burnout HD Collection For You appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That's too bad. I'm sure they will make a good amount of money from it if ever they released a remaster. I'm okay with it though as long as they are working on a new one. For now I still can just play the old games and still enjoy it anyway because the mechanics and handling are still superb and the graphics are only secondary to me.

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

Aww that's extremely disappointing.

I really loved Burnout 2 and used to spend a good couple hours using the crash mode seeing how much destruction I could cause. Oh well..

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

That sucks, damn! I would love to see Burnout in HD, the games were amazing back then. I don't know why they're not cashing in on this, they would get so much revenue!

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

I know!

It seems totally silly to me because the Burnout series has a great following. Oh well, guess they don't see it as financially viable or something...

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It's my favorite mode too. I think it's really one of the things that set them apart, considering race battles have been around for a while but adding that definitely was unique.

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

It was an arcade racer that worked and it's big draw was the impressive crashes.

Even the first game had some pretty good crashes and the second one was just amazing with the mode where you had to try and rack up as much insurance damage as you could in a single crash.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It's one of the features that made that game have so much replay value in my opinion. I found myself going back to it multiple times just trying out different ways to crash the same course to hopefully rack up more points.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

I did the same way too often.

Do you remember the one where you had to crash on that intersection? that one was beautiful.

10. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I honestly would prefer a new Burnout game rather than a re-packaging of old games. I feel like HD remakes are just a lazy to make more money nowadays.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

I somewhat agree but there are different circumstances I think. Like if a game developer is moving away from the style of the original games or going out of business they could re-release HD remakes of old games as a last Hurrah but if a company like Rockstar did a HD remake of VC lets say, then that to me seems like a complete waste of money, but that's just the way I look at it.

12. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Yeah, you're right that there are circumstances where it would be cool. The HD remake of Final Fantasy VII is a good example of a good way to do it. They're not just repackaging the game, but they're completely remaking everything to fit current standards.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like to see a remake of my favorite versions I have to agree. I think they got discouraged with the reception of their last game, but hopefully they try and redeem themselves with another one in the future.

14. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Yeah, it would be very sad if they didn't make another game because the last one wasn't well received. I'm crossing my fingers for a new Burnout to be announced in the near future as well.

15. Susime

Susime Active Member

Because of the last one not been very highly rated, maybe that is why we won't be seeing HD remakes of the older games any time soon?

It's pretty sad really but then again they have to make a profit I suppose.

16. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I remember renting the Burnout series at Hollywood Video. It was a fun game and it is a shame that they are not going to take the time to release it in HD. That would have been awesome to play!

17. Susime

Susime Active Member

Burnout 2 was simply an amazing game for me. I played the first one but did not complete it. I got stuck on the endurance races that I just could not seem to do, but on Burnout 2 I managed to complete it all and went back to it many times. Such an amazing game.