Need for Speed Rivals NFS mechanics too easy!

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by mrmatthew2k, Jul 16, 2014.

1. mrmatthew2k

mrmatthew2k New Member

You can fly around a corner at 140mph. It's kind of ridiculous and ruins the game for me. I wish there was more skill involved. Also, the progression system is weak. It gets really boring. I just stopped once I got my lambo. I think the unlocks should be more focused on just racing and drifting made harder.

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

NFS isn't a real racing game anymore dude. It stopped being that way years ago. It's more a HOLD ACCELERATE TO GO FAST game now.

3. ciorex

ciorex Member

Its those easy mechanics that draw people in, do not underestimate the power accesibility.

4. ray king

ray king Member

I agree that the mechanics are easy. But that makes it more fun. I guess you play NFS just to go really really fast without worrying about the environment. There are a few changes though. When you play the first NFS most wanted, you could drive through anything. But the 2012 version had a lot more crash incidents and irritating delays caused by the crash. I guess what most people enjoy about it is that they are not bothered by accidents or crashes or stone walls or anything else that a car can't go through in reality. Feels unreal, but still fun.

[​IMG]

5. jurew2

jurew2 Member

The mechanics in the game are easy, maybe because they want to reach out to a broader audience. A lot of people would turn away from a game when the game becomes too hard to play, but some people, including me, want some more challenge by playing a racing game and that makes the easy mechanics in the game boring and not so fun to play. While I still enjoy playing NFS I do think that they could bring in some more challenging mechanics to the game.

6. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

A great game must be entertaining. Maybe EA knows that? I remember they used to have some disclaimer of some kind:

"this game is for entertainment purposes only . . . do not do this in the real world . . . "

Or something like that.

They're not trying to apply real-life mechanics in their games. I like it that way and a lot of other people who just like to see 'blurred landscapes' and sweep around a corner love it that way to I'm sure.

7. edthebig

edthebig Member

Well, the game is classified as arcade for a reason, and that is because it is not realistic. You've never heard Need for Speed being considered a Sim. So, personally I think that even if you can drift a corner at 150mph it is part of the game and should stay like that.

8. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

NFS the game is designed to provide maximum fun at a handling level that caters to the larger populous. Most persons generally play games at a easy or normal level. The game features some wild experiences that serve to full ones desire in a virtual environment. So enjoy !

9. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Considering that some of the later NFS games were developed by the makers of the Burnout series, it's hardly any surprise that the game has gotten more and more arcade-y. If realism is your thing, other games like Gran Turismo or GRID would be better.

You could liken the NFS series to more casual first person shooters like Team Fortress. No one really plays them for realism or serious competition, but just for fun.

10. BRyze

BRyze Member

I enjoy the racing aspect of the game but it's not the real reason I play. With midnight club all but dead it's the most customizable racer. I like to race but NFS isn't what I go to for a simulator. It's what I go to so I can make cars that look cool.

11. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Need For Speed games aren't really aiming to be simulators, that's why driving in it might feel unnatural to some. The arcade-like racing style is what makes it accessible and fun to most people.

12. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

The easiness of the mechanics is what makes the game very fun for most people. You don't have to put hours and hours of practice in to get a good result. As mentioned earlier, accessibility equals fun for many players. NFS games are made for a different crowd and that's why some people won't like it.

13. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Even though the NFS mechanics are too easy, I like to play NFS every once in a while just to blow off some steam. It's the easy mechanics that give the game a more relaxed character, making it really easy and confortable to play, even after a long and stressful day at work.

14. soconfused

soconfused New Member

I kind of like the ease! hey gaming needs to be fun! no?

15. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

I prefer it that way to be honest, if it had realistic driving mechanics any time you crashed or collided with another car the race is over. Not to mention it's just more fun as you can keep he pace of the game going instead of constantly losing control and having to remain 100% focused all the time. It can get tiring if it was like that, NFS is like the Call of Duty of racing games, fun and easy to just jump straight into the game and have fun, it's not meant to be a racing simulator.

16. MissBin

MissBin Member

I can't really agree with you, because i think that the gameplay never gets boring and yea you can easily drive with over 140mph around a corner if you have a pimped car with good grip and all other things. Nonetheless that is a racing game and you shouldn't really care about things like that, because all you want to do in a game is to drive like crazy with no limits and have a lot of fun at the same time.

17. troutski

troutski Active Member

NFS is designed to be a more arcade-like experience, and there's nothing wrong with such mechanics. It's not a racing simulator after all.