New Need For Speed Trailer Shows Off Customization

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Peter Paltridge, Oct 1, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

Electronic Arts and Ghost Games have released a new trailer hyping the impending release of their Need For Speed reboot. The other trailers have focused on the racing, the modes and the “five ways to play.” This new trailer talks about car customization.

Ghost Games was pretty ambitious with this part — your car in the game can be customized to a ridiculous degree. You can add new sideskirts, spoilers, tires, and rims. You can change the color, add decals, tweak the performance and handling, and almost anything else you can think of (except change the pitch of the car’s horn. I can’t change the horn? That’s a dealbreaker!)

The car will also be upgradeable. The engine, brakes, clutch, and all the other vital guts can be swapped out and upgraded in the shop. I’m guessing this is accomplished through earning in-game cash for parts (because there’d be no sense in letting you have everything right away and make the game super-easy).

The new Need For Speed comes out November 3 for Playstation 4 and XBox One. The PC version has been delayed into an unspecified 2016 release date; when we hear something more concrete there we’ll let you know. In the meantime, a closed beta on consoles will be held very soon.

The post New Need For Speed Trailer Shows Off Customization appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

These trailers are doing a good job of hyping me up for the new game. I've always liked NFS and for some reason I prefer the car customizations in these games the most, so seeing how flexible everything has gotten with this new game just makes me even more excited.

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

I really have to admit that the customisation available here is pretty impressive.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yup, they've added a lot of customization features and I couldn't be more happier. The franchise always had a lot of customization options but they raised the bar now.

5. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I'm really glad you can do so many things to the car. I usually end up somewhat disappointed with the customization in games, but this seems to be another game that will have enough to make me happy.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

The customisation does look extremely powerful and it was very similar in Underground 1 & 2 which made me really enjoy them.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. Better graphics in the actual racing itself doesn't really impress or excite me that much, to be honest, but knowing there's a lot more capabilities now for better customization really appeals to me.

8. Susime

Susime Active Member

A good balance of customisation and graphics is the way to go these days I think.

With game photography becoming a popular thing as well, the customisation is all the more better to show the different things people have come up with. It's all good to see I think.

9. BluBird

BluBird Member

The in-game snippets are out of this world. It looks much better than the previous game footage, probably tweaking for PC release so the graphics will be even more amazing!

10. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm really loving all the bodykits you can put on the cars and I am loving all the flared arches. It looks seriously amazing and the painting tool also looks pretty easy to get to grips with so that's a huge plus.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I haven't even thought of that yet but you're right this will probably look great on PC. It's probably one of the few racing games where I'd care about the graphics since I like it so much.

12. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I am super eager to customize these bad babies. This game looks amazing. I love playing Need For Speed and the Forza games. They are two of my most favorite racing games of all time. If only I could have nice cars like this in real life!

13. Susime

Susime Active Member

You can pick some good examples up for quite cheap if you shop around :D

I really do love customisation as well and it's what makes games like Forza and NFS for me. I also hope that there's a section made on here after release so people can show off their creations.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've always wished I could do the customizations in NFS in real life because I always liked my cars in game. Though if I had them physically I'd probably be too careful with them and drive too slow lol.

15. Susime

Susime Active Member

That's the beauty of games though. Only thing you really need to worry about is getting the car to look exactly the way you want it to.

Real life however, you've got a lot more expenses and no real complications connected to speeding in your pride & joy down a long straight.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It's much easier to change and see how the parts would look in the game too which is why I love the customizations in these a lot. If it were in the physical world I'd have to wait weeks for each change to happen.

17. Susime

Susime Active Member

There used to be a site where you could preview the how any body parts would look on a car model that you selected, sort of like how games do it, but I cannot find the website now.

It's a shame body mod companies don't go in this direction more because I'm sure it would be well received and drum up a lot of buisness.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think some of the top custom shops have their own 3d designer to show the potential outcome to their customers but you're right it still would be much better to just have all the mods in a library and have the customers tinker with it themselves.

19. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'll have to have a look for them.

I remember one site that let you preview how new alloy wheels would look on your car but I cannot find the site again.