Need for Speed Rivals New Need for Speed gameplay

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by theGIJST, Jun 27, 2015.

1. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

Anyone else seen this at the E3? Gameplay of the new NFS game that's supposed to come out soon. I don't think they gave a set release date for it. However, judging by the video, it looks like it's taking a lot of features from Underground 2, and some are even calling it Underground 3. But, the real name of it is just Need for Speed. It shows a nice array of customization options, from rims to spoilers, and it looks like this may be the first good NFS game after Most Wanted.

The only thing I dislike about this, however, is that the cars seem too tail-happy. It could be because it's a Subaru BRZ, but if the driving is actually like that, it may be something that I won't like. The car drifts too much in all corners, it seems a bit too arcade-y. The graphics are nothing special but they are nice to look at. Only thing I care about in such a game are the details on the cars, and I hope there's a cockpit view. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

What does everyone else think? Also, here is the video:

2. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I, for one, think that this NFS is the last hope for this series. After Rivals, which many people, including myself, seemed not to enjoy, they better redeem themselves with this one.

That being said, I still think that this looks amazing! I saw this at e3 and I enjoyed it so much that I can't possibly wait until its launch! I really hope EA will go for the homerun with this one and that they won't plague it with too much DLC, but we all know how it's going to end...

3. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

I hope so too. Underground 2 and Most Wanted were my favorite NFS games, but other than those two, I also have enjoyed the original Underground and I even enjoyed Carbon and Shift, but I was never really stunned by those games. Underground 2 was very fun and I loved the customization aspect of it, and Most Wanted was pretty much the same, but with cops. I hope they go back to the roots and make a decent NFS title worth playing, with no DLC or stupid nonsense like that.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I saw this when it came out and It got me very interested. I think it looks good and has a similar feel to the older ones. I can't wait to see the finished product and I hope it lives up to expectations.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's interesting, to say the least. There's nothing too alarming or bad in the gameplay video.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I really like the level of customization and also the graphics but I think the gameplay needs improvement. Is it just me or does the gameplay video seems kind of choppy? Hopefully it's just a problem with the recorder and not the game, otherwise I don't think I'll buy it.