MXGP2 not realistic enough for 2016?

Discussion in 'MXGP' started by hades_leae, Jul 1, 2016.

1. hades_leae

hades_leae New Member

After doing many races, and watching others on youtube comment on the graphics, I feel that it's safe to say that when comparing them games graphics to those we see today on similar system, and previous games, they are weak.

I think little things like when a racer falls off the bike, to the tracks themselves look like graphics from the earliest PS3 games, or the games that really maxed out the PS2's performance.

They could have been better, especially on the PS4. I know it's a game but it's based off of realistic things we do in real life,

2. qag

qag Member

I agree to a certain extent. The graphics are certainly not top of the line, and it's a shame that it can't really compare to the high-end racing simulators on PC or PS4. That said, I don't think the game looks bad by any stretch, just could be better looking. If I had to guess, the budget simply wasn't high enough for more realistic graphics.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Considering the publisher I think the graphics are pretty good, definitely not the best but they're good for 2016. MXGP2 is pretty realistic although it has a lot of weird behavior when it comes to physics, those need to be addressed.

4. justrace

justrace Member

In my opinion, the weak physics is the real fun of the game. The game should not be realistic if we want to enjoy the game. If the physics is weak, the game would be less realistic and I relly love the less realistic games. So, MXGP2 is a good game (my opinion).

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I find that the graphics of MXGP2 are better then MXGP but I wouldn't call it head turning. I think this concept still has to hit it's maturity.

6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

Agreed. It's not next level gaming that you would expect. There is no patch in the world that can make it more realistic. I doubt it will ever be.

SirJoe likes this.
  7. Arctic21

Arctic21 New Member

I think they found a balance of fun and realism personally. I don't think this game is marketed as being a full on sim.How it plays is what I'd expect.

8. likeandba

likeandba Member

Yes, the graphics was better. The game features are also improved and their are many new options that made the game impressive. It is true that the concept is still the same.

SirJoe likes this.
  9. ProNine

ProNine New Member

I think the fact that it's not realistic is what makes fun and makes it what it is. The problem is that nowadays, a lot of racing games are kind of expected to be that way, and anything which isn't tends to get lower ratings. However, that's what makes the game special as it's not the same as the other games. Honestly, enjoy the game as it is, and if it's not enough for you, then there are other options out there which will certainly entertain you more.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I also think it is lagging behind in realism compared to other games but I myself don't like realism in video games all that much anyway so I am not too disappointed. I think there's a charm in video games staying cartoony but for some other games it's also nice to see how realistic they can get.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I don't think that the game was ever supposed to be a realistic simulator that recreated the sport perfectly, and was always planning to have a fun element involved.

To some the graphics on the game are almost like a cartoon and that is going to upset a lot of the gamers that like the more realistic racing games, but for the ones who are just playing for fun then the game will still appeal.

12. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

All games improve when ever a new version is launched. I do like the new graphics, I am still going through it and trying to find all the Easter eggs and bonuses but so far it's been fun.

13. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

The graphics have improved in relation to the original MXGP. I think we have been spoiled by other games and expect all games to be at that level, the graphics aren't bad but not mind blowing.

14. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

As this but the second installment of the game I'm sure they had a lot to improve this time. And now that gamers are complaining the graphics aren't that great maybe they'll fix that in the next game.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

If we are just looking at the improvements between the first game and this latest release, I can see why some people have been a little disappointed but if there is going to be a 3rd and even a 4th installment of the game, the game developers have to leave something to work with for the upcoming releases.

If everything we wanted was incorporated into this game, then there would be nowhere for the game to progress, and I maybe a bit cynical, but maybe the game developers have purposely left out certain features that we wanted to see.

16. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I agree it's not as if they can stray to far away from the concept, unless they plan on making something completely different.

pwarbi likes this.
  17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Exactly. And that's why I think the game developers are in a tricky position because if they did stray too far away from the concept, then they would be criticised for that as well, so at least by releasing the game now as it is, there is still something left to work on in the future, but at the same time it still keeps it's credibility to a certain extent.

18. Sosi

Sosi Member

I think it is realistic

19. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

They have started launching it for PlayStation so I do think they do have something up their sleeve, but I don't think that we will see it for a while seeing as MXGP2 was launched a short time ago.

20. Sosi

Sosi Member

I think that this game never had a problem with realism