Motor bikes or Cars?

Discussion in 'MXGP' started by OursIsTheFury, Jun 17, 2016.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The thing is though, there are a lot of racing games out there that are aimed at the car enthusiasts, but not all that many for the bikers amongst us. Also don't forget that MXGP2 is a moto-cross game and so before you buy it you should be aware that in it you're going to be racing on bikes rather than cars.

2. Krovvy

Krovvy New Member

Probably gonna have to go with cars - if only because there are just significantly more racing sims that utilize cars as opposed to bikes. In terms of quality, there hasn't been a game with a large focus on bikes that has really grabbed my attention. NFS Shift, Forza, and Gran Turismo are some of the best realistic racing games though.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Me too. I think bikes are a little harder to push in the market because it's a lot more niche than cars because that already has a massive built in audience and is more common for everyone since everybody knows how to drive a car.

4. likeandba

likeandba Member

Motorbikes are actually easy to handle and that is why I love driving them. I also love to drive a car in the game but as compared to different types of racing choices, it's the best.

5. Sosi

Sosi Member

As for me, I always choose cars

6. NormaD

NormaD Member

I prefer racing bikes to cars. They are just so much more exciting and fun, both in the real world and in the games.

7. Miss Take

Miss Take New Member

I'd much rather ride a bike than drive a car. Bikes are so much harder to manage and require more skill and attention. They are also more exciting in my opinion, and the challenge is where the appeal lies for me. Everyone drives cars, it's no fun.

8. misterx1213

misterx1213 Member

I'd definitely have to go with bikes. I think there is a serious lack of motorcycle-esque racing games, and as far as I'm aware, this is the best one that's on the market. The inclusion of motorbikes is 90% of the reason I got this game. I've always been a big fan of racing games, but I've always stuck to traditional car based racing games until I got this game. In all honesty, they're pretty similar, but the change from having to play in a car all the time time is a pretty welcome change for me. If not for the experience of trying something new, I like bikes more simply because of the easier maneuverability.

9. Sosi

Sosi Member

yep i agree with you

10. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I think that if you like bikes more then cars in the real world you probably will like to race bikes more, but if you like cars more, car games will be your thing.

11. krnd

krnd Member

I agree about the bike notion, especially because we can take far more risks than in real life and get away with it!

12. Casiox

Casiox Member

It's way more fun when you race with bikes, more especially if you're playing along with friends, that' a real mess, but it definitely is fun, the story changes when I want to have a way more serious race, there's when I prefer racing with cars so it's going to be more motivating and also exciting, that's my opinion though.

13. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

It depends on the type of game you enjoy more. For someone into sim racing they'll most obviously like cars. Most do I know. For others who like arcade racers because they are "more fun" to play they could alternate between bikes and cars preferring one or the other for different tracks.

14. Sosi

Sosi Member

ack of motorcycle-esque racing games?

15. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I think that it's just good that we have a choice, I do prefer car games but I tied MXGP by chance and I'm glad I did. I think that it's good that we step out of our comfort zone.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When it comes to racing games featuring cars and biles though, I think the games just reflect the popularity in the real world. There's no doubt that there are more people on the planet that can drive a car rather than ride a bike, and while some can do both, I'd have thought that for the majority of people it's going to be either/or.

That's why I think car racing games will always be more popular over bike racing games, and while that doesn't mean they are any better or worse, the amount of games they sell will go off what people prefer the most.

17. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcano New Member

I like both equally, I couldn't decide for one over the other, it depends on my mood, sometimes I feel like cars are better because I can crash into anything and seeing the car get trashed is exciting, and sometimes riding bikes is better because I feel I can go faster but need to be more careful because it's way harder than driving a car, and you can also fall and hurt yourself. I know it's a game but for immersion I always like to feel and think that I'm the one up there.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Good point. I do feel like bikes are a bit more new and challenging for me and I always attributed it to the fact that I always just play race car games but you've reminded me that not only in video games but also irl cars are a lot more common.

19. SirJoe

SirJoe Member

I'm with you on this one. I do like MXGP 2 but I'm not going to stop playing Gran Turismo because of it. Car games have a different appeal to me.

20. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Both cars and bikes have a different appeal for different people in the real world so it's only natural that they will have a different appeal when it comes to racing games as well. As i said before as well though, familiarity plays a key role, and because racing games have predominantly been based on cars, that's what people have just got used to playing.