Mercedes Reveals New Mario Kart Trailer

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Alex Bean, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Guest

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Seeing these real cars in this game is still very surreal to me but I have to admit that it's a very interesting combination. I liked the trailer too, especially the last bit. I'm sure I'll get used to MB being in this game sooner or later.

3. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

That's not a bad Princess Peach cosplay at all. Nice move by Mercedes to garner some corporate attention.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

I don't even know what to say about this.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

This is pretty strange to be honest. You wouldn't expect Mercedes to have anything to do with Mario Kart. It's certainly an interesting marketing strategy. Not sure how well your average Mercedes owner will relate to the whole deal though. Anything to get attention though, right?

6. BluBird

BluBird Member

That was... odd. I'm going to have nightmares after seeing that Mario.

7. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

It is nightmare worthy isn't it? *chill runs down spine* uhhh.

8. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

I wonder what other manufacturers Nintendo contacted before coming to an agreement with Mercedes. Im still holding my fingers crossed for some Audi, Lexus, and Lamborghini cars in eventual DLC. Luigi In a Green Aventador staring down the competition as he speeds past.

9. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Wow...very rarely do I find myself at a loss for words but that was...something else. Interesting is being generous, in my opinion, nightmarish is a bit more spot on. Just...why?

10. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker Member

Wow, I'm surprised that Mercedes even tried something like that. Mercedes seems like a mature company, and that's how they protray their cars in their commercials. But I would have never thought that they would advertise their products by way of a game mostly meant for kids.

Why advertise cars to kids anyway. Its not like they can buy them or drive them. To me this was a waste of money for Mercedes. But I still like the fact that you can drive one in the game.

11. BRyze

BRyze Member

That was cringeworthy. I understand trying to promote your games in new ways but that, that was just awkward. I'm afraid of Mario Kart now. I don't know what I just saw.

12. bocat

bocat New Member

It might be a joke. lol

13. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

This sounds like a super advertising gig for Mercedes. Not that I am hostile to the concept but, how much of a true to concept can Mercedes get into a kart in Mario Kart.

14. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

Could it be that they are trying to get children from early to develop a liking to their cars. These guys have all the best marketers in the corner showing them what to do.

15. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

Anything to try and boost sells. I like the look, and I hope the game does well. I'm a big fan of Mario and he's still the headline character for Nintendo.

16. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Hmm... Well, that's a nightmare. I don't know what to say about Mercedes teaming up with Nintendo. Nice cosplay though.

17. troutski

troutski Active Member

I just realized...watching this for a second time....it's just as frightening.

18. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

I'm not really too keen about real cars being like that in Mario Kart. When they showed the BMW and in there it looked like it didn't belong.

When a game that's cartoon-y uses like a photo shopped version of a car in their game, takes away from it, at least for me. If you're a gamer and a car lover though, I guess it'll be more so direct at you. Me? I'm just a gamer, though I will say that one of the cars still look like that one Monopoly piece from the board game.

19. Miles Hansen

Miles Hansen New Member

I'm all for this! Bringing something new to the genre is something racing games desperately need, and I think this is a fun way of doing it. Especially a series so (dare I say) generic as Mario Kart. They release the same game, tweaked to be slightly different every damn year. I like this, this is a bold move, and if it doesn't pay off, we'll surely go back to the same old Mario Kart we've gotten used to next year.

20. troutski

troutski Active Member

What are you talking about? It's just an advertisement.