Map dimensions

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Hedonologist, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

Does anyone have any dimensions for the size of the game world? To me it feels smaller than San Andreas but I don't have to statistics to back that up. I've heard that GTA V is larger but I haven't been able to find out just how larger.

2. NatureSun

NatureSun New Member

I have heard the game world is a bit bigger than real life San Fransisco and nearly as big as Toronto. So somewhere between 600 to 630 km square.

As for comparing it to San Andreas, it's definitely bigger. I agree it doesn't quite feel like it because this has only one city while that had 3, but believe me once you play SA again, you will know.

3. Brad

Brad Member

"To me it feels smaller than San Andreas"
    I feel the exact same but i don't think it actually is i think having 2 islands it made GTA San Andreas seem much bigger than what it actually was.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

For some reason GTA IV felt a lot smaller than III. I don't think it is but there you go.

5. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

GTA IV felt larger than III but not as big as San Andreas, because San Andreas had much more open countryside whereas IV was just urban areas.

Hemingway likes this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

That's a good point, and I think it's why IV felt smaller than III to me. The roads are narrower, especially when given the resolution I play it in.

7. dailypost1

dailypost1 Member

GTA IV might seem smaller but if you actually play GTA San Andreas you will see the difference. Both have great dimensions but GTA San Andreas has the countryside that makes the map bigger.

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

*Flashbacks to crashing into trees on a dirt bike*

9. davidexct

davidexct Member

I think that it is somewhat larger than the previous version of the game, GTA San Andreas. I thought the map of GTA V to be even more larger than the dimension of map in GTA San Andreas but this is not the case, it is just little bit larger.

10. aleks4775

aleks4775 Member

It is smaller then SA so far. I believe it is 20 by 20 km. Check the Wikipedia article.