Link Is In Mario Kart 8 With A Sword

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Alex Bean, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Guest

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

You can't really take the Master Sword away from Link, anyways!

3. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

This is really sweet I really like to play with link in Super Smash brothers. He is really cool and he is one of my favorite characters in the game.

troutski likes this.
  4. troutski

troutski Active Member

You mean normal adult Link, right? Because every other version of link in Super Smash is just terrible in comparison.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I never really got into this game for some reason, mostly because I never actually got the game for any of my Nintendo consoles but I know there are lots of fans of this so I'm glad they get to have some fun with it. I know it's already very famous among many gamers and I even saw a screen shot of a race where all players were Links.

6. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Really love how that tried to made Link just like a Knight riding a horse. Give him a sword, and deck out his bike in heraldic colors, complete with shield and horse design.

7. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

I love the mix of some classic link items but modernized and updated, too. It's a nice effect and he looks really cool :). Excited for this one.

8. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Mine too. I would get into this game once again. He is one of my favorite characters.

9. BluBird

BluBird Member

I love how they made everything LoZ themed, Can't wait to buy this!

10. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

Wow, I wonder if it will give an advantage, or if he will just come with it from the start. It would also be cool if it was a powerup, since any character could use it.

11. BRyze

BRyze Member

Is a sword really fair? I mean it's pointy & can pop the tires of other characters. It's not fair to give one guy a serious advantage like that. I'm only joking. It's cool to see Link in the game.

12. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Link is a nice addition to mario kart, though it's not really a mario character :p

The LoZ themed track hyrule circuit looks incredible in mario kart 8 by the way, and it also has a sword which gives you an additional boost if you hit it. Now that's cool!

13. Strykstar

Strykstar Member

LInk is indeed a great addition to Mario Kart, hopefully we'll someday see a roster like Smash has.
    Can't believe they let Link drive with a sword though, that just seems reckless and dangerous :)

14. bocat

bocat New Member

Me too

15. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

You know Nintendo, taking huge risk when it comes to safety for their characters. They even let racers fly around without an extra parachute! Imagine if your glider breaks?!

And I don't think Mario Kart will ever have such a roster like Smash. The game has always been pure mario characters. This DLC pack with Link is probably something exclusive, so there might be future DLC packs in future Mario Kart games with non - mario characters, though the basic roster will probably stay mario characters only, like it always has.

16. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Can't really do anything with the sword though. It's just there for show right?

Link is a cool character and I love seeing him in Mario Kart 8, but not as a character in a DLC pack! He should be available outright when you purchase the game! Welp, Nintendo made a good move in this one. They made sure that people would purchase their DLC by incorporating a famous character into the pack. What's disappointing though is that there are only 3 characters in the pack!

It's a good thing they added Link's sword though.

17. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

The sword is indeed just for the show, though imagine every character would have some unique offensive move, then they would definitely have done something with Link's sword.
    So let's hope they'll do that in the next Mario Kart :D

JessiFox likes this.
  18. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

I honestly liked playing with Link. He's a heavy set character, so the bike I use is perfect, (if bit silly. Have you ever seen a Hyrulean on a Mr. Scootie, fixed with Button wheels? It's hilarious, I assure you.) I would highly recommend NOT using an already heavy bike on him, though. It makes turning all more of a hassle then I should be. Also, personally, his wheels are hard to get a grip on the road and my acceleration goes down a bit. However, again, that's what it's like for me personally. Someone else maybe to handle it.

19. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

A sword does it give him an additional advantage. I think it'a a bit over the top. I thik it should give him an addtional power up advantage.

20. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Yes, I suppose that is one downside...it's cool for show and everything, but it would be much cooler if it gave him some kind of advantage.