Link Comes With a Sweet Motorcycle in First Mario Kart 8 DLC

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Oct 15, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other Mario Kart 8 DLC vehicles that have been revealed so far, like the Blue Falcon and the B-Dasher, have been exciting, but they’re mostly callbacks to other games. They’ve got nothing on what Nintendo dropped today, a brand new motorcycle for The Legend of Zelda series’ Link.

The Master Cycle looks appropriately Hyrulian and magical, without sacrificing cool. It will be added along with Link in the first Mario Kart 8 DLC. It makes sense that Link, who is used to horseback, would feel a bit more comfortable on a bike than in a kart.

There will be two Mario Kart 8 DLC packs. The first, coming November, adds Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and Link. The second, coming in May 2015, adds Villager, Isabelle and Dry Bowser. The packs also add new tracks, carts, and some new color schemes for Yoshi and Shyguy that can be obtained before the DLC launches through pre-ordering. The DLC is $7.99 per pack or $11.99 for both.

The post Link Comes With a Sweet Motorcycle in First Mario Kart 8 DLC appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

That is definitely awesome. I think this will make Link one of my favorite characters to play in the Mario Kart games and I will definitely get the DLC when I get the game. I've been playing on and off at a friend's house and finally made the decision to get myself the console and the game. Diversity in vehicles is something I really like and adding a motorcycle is definitely a cool new idea. Pricing doesn't seem too bad either, except for the fact it will probably be eight and twelve euros too, which makes it a bit more expensive in the EU. It's not on Call of Duty-levels of DLC though so I'm willing to pay up for this.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

I saw this earlier, too. It's a great addition, and Link's ride does look pretty cool but appropriate for him, too. I've put a couple dozen hours into MK8 with friends, so we'll have to pick this DLC up.

4. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Please excuse me while I wipe a gooey, white substance off of my keyboard.... Okay, now that I can actually type. YES! I've had my doubts about buying any DLC for this game, but I'm definitely going to get it now.

5. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Woah, was not expecting that one but how cool! I think you're spot on with your description as well, it does look just a little bit magical and different enough to suit Link but still modern enough to be recognizable. I can't wait to see how playing as him goes :).

6. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

I hears about this on Kotaku, and at first I thought it would be some joke or concept art. I always though if Link got an entry in Mario Kart he would sport some kind of armored Epona or even a gadget like the Spinner from Twilight Princess. I saw the design of the motorcycle, and I have to admit it actually fits in with Hyrule. I've always thought Hyrule would look cool as a Diesel/Steampunk area, and this motorcycle is a nice little nod to that notion.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think that it's a very good decision on their part. Also, I think the bike looks cool and seems like a worthy addition. I can't wait to try it out for myself.

8. bluekknd2

bluekknd2 New Member

Boy that bike Hyrules! It is really good looking. Any idea how it handles compared to a regular kart?

9. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker Member

All of these new tracks and vehicles, its overwhelming. They really listen to their customers to bring them what they want to see. Although they are bringing classics back they need to go to the drawing board and make something new.

10. TheViper

TheViper Member

They make Link look so cool with this release. Might make me want to play as Link more often then not. Can't wait for the update to come through.

11. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I've had countless people call him Zelda~ :p

Really like the bike theme here. Knights from the past riding bikes in the present-day seems to be a really popular theme in many Japanese games and anime, just like Saber in Fate/Zero.

12. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

Okay now I really wish I had this game. My daughter would love to play this!

13. troutski

troutski Active Member

I think by now the series could have incorporated a lot of awesome things like this as far as characters and vehicles are concerned. Oh, well. :p

14. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

The Nintendo Universe is really rich, shame that only the most popular characters are getting added. Would love to see Samus implemented soon... :/

15. Cloister

Cloister New Member

Wow. That bike certainly fits Link very well. I don't actually have Mario Kart 8 or even a Wii U, but if I did i'd certainly buy this DLC up just so I can play Link with that sweet ride!

16. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

its only fitting that link is on a bike. totally feeling link. its like if epona had wheels

17. shreklock

shreklock Member

This is a sexy motorcycle. Though probably I won't get, I don't think it's worth it. I'm not the best fan Nintendo can have :(.

18. Kuzan

Kuzan New Member

This is very exciting news for me. Link has always been one of my favorite characters and to see him and that very sweet motorcycle? This takes the cake. Really looking forward to play him and that awesome looking motorcycle. Although the rest doesn't have the same level of attention from me, it's nice to see Nintendo adding some variety to the cast.

19. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

More horsepower then Epona.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'd like to know this too. I'm guessing that it at least has some minor differences, but I'm really hoping that it handles very well because I would like to get it and use it often.