Just Cause movie?

Discussion in 'Just Cause' started by FuZyOn, Sep 13, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

From what I've read online a movie for this franchise is on the horizons, although I'm not sure if there are just rumours or actual facts. Eitherway, do you think a movie for this game will succeed?

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

It could work, like with every other movie based on a game, as long as it's done right. Tomb Raider is a prime example, the first one anyway.

Is it going to be a full length movie or something like a short one?

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think it's going to be a full length with a pretty good story, but don't quote me on that. Yeah, the Tomb Raider series is amazing - both movies and games. I really enjoyed watching and playing them as a kid.

4. Susime

Susime Active Member

I like the first movie but not so much the second.

There have also been short movies made for GTA2, a shorter version of which plays during the intro movie, and for The Getaway which was more promotional than anything. Both were pretty well done.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

A movie for GTA would be truly amazing. I'm sure they can find a lot of content to put in 120 minutes, the franchise is so big they can always delve and find something to put out. They will not bother until the franchise loses its hype probably.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It could work as long as they get the tone right, which I think is what most adaptations are missing. If they get a director who loves the game and understands what makes it so loved and popular then it has a good chance of succeeding on the big screen.

7. troutski

troutski Active Member

Nooo. It won't work. Name one successful video game movie not named Resident Evil. :3

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

Okay, with an asterisk, Need For Speed was popular in China but nowhere else, especially not the United States.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

It's kinda surprising something has not been released at this point in time considering how popular the series is.

Tomb Raider...the first one not the rubbish second one :p

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Tomb Raider, as Susime and I talked about! :p I thought both movies were pretty decent, I didn't have a problem with the second one, contrary to popular belief. I'm waiting for a Tomb Raider series reboot as well, maybe soon! :D

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

Who would they get to play Lara Croft this time?

Can't really see Angelina Jolie reprising the roll to be honest.

12. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Well, if they got Michael Bay to direct it I forsee that it could do very well at the box office.

13. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Video games turned into movies have always been a bad idea. I don't see it changing any time soon. It's always a watered down incarnation of these great video games that they were based on, and it will turn off fans because it will not be what they expected. It's definitely a lose-lose situation, and the only good reason for Hollywood companies to invest in a famous video game turned movie, is because it is already famous, and that they hope the fan base would give their money to them as they have with the video game.