Is Sony backing this more than Gran Turismo?

Discussion in 'Drive Club' started by Mason, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they did end up giving more support to this game. It would actually be quite smart as many people have become bored of the standard GT formula and are looking for something new. I don't think it's the case now but I think in the future Sony will support Gran Turismo less and less if they are not going to be as innovative as they used to be in the past. Investing in newer titles could definitely help sony out quite a lot

2. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I think Sony is seeing, which one is popular and supporting that game which is profitable and doing well for them. I think the game was delayed due to problems it had, could have been a glitch or errors occurring when playing the game and required to get fixed. I think Sony wanted to deliver a product which functions well, and the consumer wants to buy it and spend the money. It was a good choice, as they could see what errors are happening and what needs to be fixed so it does not occur when buyers are playing the game.

3. SlickBlasianYouTube

SlickBlasianYouTube Member

Well Driveclub was supposed to be a launch title but needed more time so it got delayed. I think because of this, Sony wants to pay more "attention" on the game for the time being.

4. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

If they were to back this game more than thef flagship franchise, they would have paid more attention to it; It's nowhere near as good as Grand Tourismo.

5. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I would get so, as it stands this is the only viable contender to The Crew. Gran Turismo doesn't have that MMO aspect or open world exploration. However having tried The Crew I am inclined to say that Drive Club feels like a cheap knock off. Perhaps Sony should focus on developing its own style instead of copying other game ideas.

6. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

I think sony will mainly back GT because its there go to long lasting brand. And with the debacle that drive club has become sony will have to back this one even more. But the two games are difference since GT is a sim and drive club is more arcady-sim.

7. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

It wouldn't even make sense to back DriveClub MORE than Gran Turismo.

You have to understand that Gran Turismo has been the defacto flagship for Playstation for 3 system generations so far.

In fact, Sony gives no franchise more love than Gran Turismo. Well, maybe uncharted is an equal to it. But maybe not.

8. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

Yup GT as said in previous posts is a flagship game for Sony, so the support for it will be massive regardless.

9. BRyze

BRyze Member

I don't think they're backing it more. I think they're backing it as an alternative. Gran Turismo has moved in the direction of pure simulator with nothing else. Drive Club is something that casual gamers could play without being freaked out about Gran Turismo,

10. troutski

troutski Active Member

When a new flashy game like DriveClub comes around (even though the game is horrible now that it's out), of course people are going to flock to that game, even though GT exists on Sony platforms. That's just how hype works.

11. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I agree with what Ghost Rider said. You'd obviously pay more attention to a new game. Gran Turismo 6 isn't as new, but they won't be neglecting it either.

12. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

DriveClub is a new game on a new system. So of course Sony is going to push it harder at the moment because that's the one currently available.

When GT7 arrives you know they'll put out all the stops to make that game get noticed.

Make no mistake, if both were out at the same time, Gran Turismo would be the one getting majority of the attention.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

That really sums up the thread here. They won't neglect Gran Turismo since everyone expects Sony to back both games up.

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Definitely not. At least, it doesn't look like it. Drive Club's release was pretty bad, and it's marketing was really weak. When a Gran Turismo comes out, Sony announces it with a lot of ads. This one... went unnoticed.