Infiniti Teases Futuristic Gran Turismo Concept Car

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Dec 10, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Infiniti’s contribution to the Vision Gran Turismo program looks almost like it would be more at home in outer-space than on the streets.

The sleek, Cylon-esque concept from Nissan’s luxury division joins other concepts from Subaru, Toyota, Aston Martin, Nissan’s main division, Volkswagen, Mitsubishi and Mercedes in the Vision program, in which Polyphony Digital challenge automakers to design their vision of “Gran Turismo,” which before it became the name of a video game was just what you called a two-door sports car or “grand touring” car. The concept cars will be featured in the game in future updates.

[​IMG]

Infiniti hasn’t released any details about its concept beyond these two images, but on their own they’re enough to impress.

You can check out the other Vision Gran Turismo entries here.

The post Infiniti Teases Futuristic Gran Turismo Concept Car appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. BRyze

BRyze Member

Infiniti makes some great luxury cars. I'm not sure how they fare in the speed department however. Also, I'm not a fan of that car. If that's futuristic I'd like to stick in the past.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

That's actually a pretty ugly car, if you ask me. I'm a fan of some of Infiniti's actual vehicles, but this one falls flat for me in a bad way.

4. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I agree with troutski and think it is pretty ugly! I would not want to drive that car. It just looks like a blob of clay that needs to be sculpted. This is an innovation fail if you ask me.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think it looks like Megatron, and I honestly don't like the curvy design as much as I like straighter edges but it does look alright to me. Maybe I'll like it better once I see it in full view.

6. troutski

troutski Active Member

I think what it is is that the design is a little too flat, and then the top-down view is so bland looking. I'm sure we'd all love to drive it for the performance, but I wouldn't drive it for its style.

7. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

There is quite a lack of detail, I doubt it is the final model? Else I would agree with many opinions that it looks pretty unappealing. :/

8. primaLucid

primaLucid New Member

I agree with others, there is a lack of details. There is a sleek color but overall it looks like there can be more that can be added to enhance the car in general.

9. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's not even that it's a lack of details. That could easily be the final vehicle in the game with a minimalist approach. It's just an ugly design all around. I don't see more details fixing that problem.

10. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

Wow that looks very nice, this is what separates Grand Turismo from the other games. They have some for the best designs in the business.

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

Either your eyes aren't working properly, or the rest of our eyes aren't working properly. I'm not sure which it is. :eek: