In-Game Purchases

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by kingcool52, Mar 7, 2017.

1. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

What do you think of in-app purchases in mobile games? Do you spend the same amount on in-game purchases as you would on purchases for games on either consoles or PC? I've spent quite a bit of money on both Clash of Clans and Clash Royalle when I was addicted to the game. However I would never spend money on in-game purchases for any other game. However I did make my money back as I sold my accounts when I stopped playing them

2. belovedad

belovedad Member

I never spend money on mobile games. It's not worth it for me because I know I'll eventually get bored and stop playing like for example Clash of Clans.

3. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

That's the good thing about games like Clash of Clans and Clash Royalle though. Even though you know you will get bored, you can still spend a bit on developing your account as the games are popular. This means that you can always sell your account and either break even or even make a profit when you get bored

4. belovedad

belovedad Member

I tried selling my account once and it didn't go well. I guess I didn't have to give up but it can be a bother to sell accounts like those online.

5. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I am avoiding spending money on any mobile app or game. It's just because I don't look at the mobile games like a true gamer, just something to kill your time and yet, they kill even more of it. So i quit playing anything on a mobile since they require from you to log in a few times daily and play, and then you get addicted and you want more, so you want to spend some money since it is pay to win. I mean it's "free to play" but you won't get what you want unless you buy the in game currency or play for free for half a year or even more...

6. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

I don't usually spend money on in-app purchases, especially when I can 'buy' it without using any penny.

7. tpicks

tpicks Member

I have come across many in game purchases but one thing I am yet to actually buy any since somehow I can get to play it or other similar games from other sources.

8. overcast

overcast Member

Honestly I can't afford most of the in game purchases. Because a lot of them cross the 5$ mark. And I don't usually have that sort of money on everyday basis for gaming. So I try to save as much as I can in that case. That's why I avoid them.

9. tpicks

tpicks Member

I haven't purchase any in game app. I would say $5 for such is somehow on the high side for a game that some sites may offer freely

10. overcast

overcast Member

Yes 5$ is indeed on the higher side. I have seen some of the games like limbo on android. But I played them on other devices. I don't think I can justify spending on the games. it seems like waste of time and money.

11. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Member

I never really spend something on games especially the in-app purchases. I just focus on the free games because games are for my enjoyment only.

12. ruse

ruse Member

If I'm being honest I don't think I've ever spent a cent on mobile games in my life. If I ever find one that's worth it maybe then I will.

13. fishbate

fishbate Member

I don't really spend money in games, i rather do it the hard way of leveling up. Although there are times that i'm tempted but in the end i manage to control myself.