Forza Motorsport 5 How realistic can it get?

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon' started by Brad, Oct 10, 2013.

1. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Occulus Rift on Forza would make it an amazing ass game.

2. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Very true; however, you have no idea what the future looks like. It may be as real as the real thing. It all depends on what everything (technology wise) can do, and how good it is at doing it.

3. Miles Hansen

Miles Hansen New Member

I imagine that racing games will reach photorealism in the next 3 or so years. They don't have to waste that much energy on things like facial features, which is one of the harder things to get to a photorealistic level. Cars, trees, lakes, roads, those things are nearly there already, so I think we will hit peak soon. Then it will be all about level design, setting etc. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm skeptical on both of these but even I can admit that it would be a pretty awesome combination.

5. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Well, it's definitely as realistic as a game can get. The graphics are pretty good for a game, they can sometimes make you forget that you're playing a game and you're not controlling an actual live pilot.

6. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I think the only way to make any game more realistic is to upgrade the graphics. The moment it looks like an actual photograph, that's when you know it's really realistic.

7. Corten

Corten Member

It can always get better, maybe one day we'll get a 1:1 ratio between game physics and real life physics. In terms of car handling, until then, we have amazing games like Forza to keep us entertained.

8. Druqz

Druqz New Member

Yeah, games are getting quite realistic these days. And with all the technological advancements people make every day, we can only guess what can become of our dear games.
    Imagine playing Forza with VR headset and a wheel ... actually I think that many of you guys may have already done that haha.

9. TPhoenix

TPhoenix New Member

It is truly getting to a point where the lines between fantasy and reality are becoming blurred. The graphics in this game are vivid, stunning and amazing. They did a superb job designing this game from top to bottom. For some of the time I have been able to spend playing this game, the experience is real-to-life and spectacular. When FM 6 comes out later this year, that's gonna be even more of a must buy.

10. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

Sometimes, realism isn't the best idea. Sure, there's graphic realism, but it will drag down frame rates and immersion the more realistic it looks. As for gameplay immersion such as handling, acceleration, details, etc, if it's too realistic it won't be any fun, and a steering wheel would have to be mandatory which would be pretty discouraging for casual players.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

Forza 6 is pretty much on the line of being able to control cars using a controller. Obviously you can do much more better with a wheel but you can still drive with a controller.

As for graphics, both 5 and 6 have amazing graphics and Turn 10 pride themselves in being able to bring it all in a perfectly comfortable 60fps which is pretty good.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm amazed at how these games look now too and it makes me wonder how they will look in the future. I'm looking forward to seeing photo realism but I don't think that is coming in the near future even though we are so close to it.

13. Susime

Susime Active Member

Oh god! Just the thought of that happening is something epic.

Considering Sony have got something similar to it in line I think we could see it within Forza within a couple years time.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

As great as realism though, the replay value is kinda short with these types of games. I mean, kudos to the developers for creating realistic graphics, but it can only go so far, and the replay factor when it comes to realistic racing games are fairly limited, compared to say, Mario Kart, which is basically the same thing, but with more fun maps, powerups and weapons that you can use to outsmart your opponent and win the whole thing spectacularly.

15. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I think the graphics of all most racing games not just Forza have got to real as they can be:

Last year Nissan mistook Driveclub Screenshots on PS4 for a real life photo. If the graphics are good enough to make makers of the cars think they are seeing a real car in a photo, I think it's time game developers started focusing on something else because if it's realistic graphics — they've nailed that.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Member

You know you would think that we learn our lesson when we continuously think that it cannot get better, and then it does. But then again, there has to be a maximum point, right? I am not sure what the correct answer is, but it is interesting to think about. I can see them getting better and better, and sharper, and before you know it we may be closer to simulations and virtual reality. It is an amazing time that we live in.

17. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Yeah it's definitely the most realistic until now but there's still a lot of thing to improve until when can say it is close to reality. Still, the technology use is impressive for sure.

18. hades_leae

hades_leae New Member

That's true lol. It makes me wonder what's next for racing games. I can see in the future that we will most likely have the best VR racing games ever. We will really be ale race in the virtual world, that would be a killer life.

19. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

There's not much to improve. Everything else needs hardware to get you the feel of being on a real racing track but even then there'll still be something missing. In real racing anything could happen (punctures, engine problems, etc). . . but in virtual racing you can predict what will happen quite accurately.

20. qag

qag Member

Eh... I get your point and I agree for the most part, but I believe that there's still ways within the context of a game to simulate things like engine problems and punctures, and do so in a way that is reasonable but still difficult to predict - I just don't think developers have done it yet.

Denis Hard likes this.