How often do you actually use first-person mode?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by troutski, Jul 25, 2015.

1. emilyhalko

emilyhalko New Member

Personally, I don't like how the first-person mode is in GTA. Some of my friends really love first-person and think that its easier because you can see more from a closer distance, but personally, I find it really hard! I think that it's easier to see what is around a vehicle and such if you're using the third-person mode. That being said, my friends love to pull the first-person mode on me and watch me completely destroy the game (in a bad way).

2. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

I only ever use first person mode in singleplayer, mainly because its a lot more and it looks a lot better in singleplayer. It's a bit risky using it online because you need to be ready for any attacks by other players and first person mode is not the best for combat in a game like GTA. However I do like driving around in first person, it's a bit like driving in real life :D

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Not just on GTA, but on most games I very rarely actually use the first person mode. To me it just seems to be a novelty that the game developers put in there to show off the graphics of the game, and speaking of GTA...first person mode does look good when you are just walking around the cities, but when it comes to actually doing the missions or competing I bet there's hardly anybody that doesn't revert back to the view that we're all used to.

4. belovedad

belovedad Member

I never use it. I prefer to prefer to see more of the surroundings than limiting myself to one view. Also, for this game specifically, I don't even know why first person mode is a thing but oh well.

pwarbi likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I have to agree with you here regarding this game and the first person view mode. It seems to me that Rockstar had to justify remaking the game for the PS4 and seeing as this is the only difference between this game and the game on the older consoles then that appears to be the only reason it's in there.

Like I said, walking round the city in first person mode then you do get a better experience but for doing the actual missions it's bordering on useless in my opinion.

6. belovedad

belovedad Member

Yeah, it really feels like they just added it because they can. I guess there are people out there who actually use it but we will know when the next one is released as they would have received feedback.

7. razer

razer Member

I used it very, very rarely. I'm used to playing GTA in third person and I like being able to see the protagonist so that is how I played.

8. overcast

overcast Member

I think my personal preference is to keep it on all the time. But then again some games don't have that type of the feature in all the tournaments. So it may differ on that note.

9. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja New Member

I feel like GTA is meant to be a third person game. It doesn't feel right when I play it using the first-person mode. That feeling could be caused by the small first-person POV camera. I think it's also easier to aim at third-person while in cover because you can see where the enemies are hiding better.

10. overcast

overcast Member

I think comparison with GTA won't be right. The regular racing games and GTA are into another type of leagues. So it can be difficult to compare the games from what I have noticed so far. It'd be worth having to understand this part though.

11. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Member

I don't use the first person view that often because I like the third person view more.

12. overcast

overcast Member

I think FP mode is good for those who are so used to the game. I have learned that some of the time it can be seriously odd for some people though.

13. Cjanett

Cjanett Member

GTA 5 is mad for third person view. I haven't tried switching mode since I just recently bought it. Sorry I'm a late gamer.

14. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

I don't use the first-person mode in GTA 5 at all. The Grand Theft Auto series was designed to be played and enjoyed in 3rd-person so that is what I will stick to.