How much is enough

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Max007, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Max007

Max007 New Member

Many of us are dedicated gamers. Unfortunately staying glued to a television screen can impact your health. I set limits for myself. I try to spend only a couple hours a few times a week gaming. I don't always do great at it, but I do my best.

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I probably spend a lot more time than a few hours in front of a PC/TV screen, partly due to work as well. I think so long as you adopt proper sitting posture and take a break every 45 minutes to look at distant objects, you won't suffer from eye strain.

3. peelout247

peelout247 Member

Yeah, well there are many ways to combat those kind of issues. What I used to do when I had these bad habits is throw in some jumping jacks ever so often. Because lets face it when we find that game we really love then its hard to take us off of it, lol.

Thankfully I'm passed the days of allowing this to take up most of my days period!

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

A few hours a week gaming doesn't seem like much to me, I could spend that amount of time in a day on a strategy game. I try to limit myself as well, most of the time I fail but I wouldn't consider it wasted time.

5. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I have always liked to stick to old technique and say that your body will let you know when you have had enough. Now that I say that though, I am starting to think about how people these days may be more used to screens, and so maybe they would be able to endure it for longer than it is actually considered a healthy amount of time. On the whole, though, I would say that you know yourself best, so I would stick with that.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I also try and limit myself but at the same time I try not to hold back too much when I'm in the phase of wanting to binge because that way I find I just crave even more later on. When I satisfy my urge I get to get it out of the way and focus on other stuff better afterwards.

7. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

I try to limit myself to an hour or two of gaming on weekdays. I'm a lot less restrictive on weekends really as I have a lot more time. Especially during the night before I go to sleep I can end up playing Battlefield 1 for hours and hours without getting up or taking a break. It's important to take breaks to be honest for your health and just to take a break so that you don't get too addicted and become lazy

8. belovedad

belovedad Member

If you ask how much enough then that's an answer for each individual to make. As much as you want basically but yes, you need to consider the side effects.

9. tpicks

tpicks Member

Too many hours on the screen without taking intermittent breaks can impact on our health really and also strain the eyes. I would say maximum two or three hours straight on the computer or TV then a break would be okay.

10. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I guess that one or two hours a day is even fine. I used to play a lot before, spent a lot of my time just playing games and I felt bad because of it. The key is just to find other stuff that you would do to kill the boredom, and you won't be finding yourself spending a lot of time near the PC or console that much.

11. john flaming

john flaming Member

yes, its true. I was addicted to play games and i use to play for 6 or 7 hours a days. Then i found the problems with eye sight and headache. Now i use to not more than 2 hours.

12. sidney

sidney Member

I only play every other day and for 3 hours at the most. I think taking a break is essential for you to not be sick of the game too soon.

13. Itsame

Itsame New Member

I don't get much time to game during the week anymore, so when I get my opportunity I don't hesitate to go full-couch-potato. I will sit in front of the screen for five or more hours if no one interrupts me. Of course, I do take breaks in that time to get up and stretch. As you get older your hands and wrists become less willing to engage int hose super long sessions. I've got early-stage carpal tunnel now so wrist stretches are an absolute must.

14. Athanas

Athanas Member

I can't avoid a screen, since out of I do get my daily bread. If I am not gaming, I would be doing other things like academic writing. So I have to take the risk.

15. razer

razer Member

I would say more than a couple of hours each day is unhealthy. No sources, it's just what I think.

16. fishbate

fishbate Member

I always have my time limit in a day just to make sure that my other activities and responsibilities are not forgotten. Gaming is to have fun, but when it affects other factors like health and productivity you should do something about it.

17. Cjanett

Cjanett Member

I spend a lot of time infront of my PC actually. Either I do gaming or just surfing the net for online jobs. I used Eye protection screen in my PC also in my Tab.

18. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Member

I only play games on the weekends because that's the only free time I have.

19. Athanas

Athanas Member

But it is always a good thing to observe healthy ractices like adjusting the screen brightness.