How many of you use laptops for gaming?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by MissBin, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

I use a Dell Inspiron 17R with an i5 and Intel HD Graphics 3000. I can run most games at 720p on low. It's not ideal, but it gets me by until I can afford to get a gaming rig together.

2. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I used to, but I stopped now. I only had one laptop back then, and I think it broke down. Not sure if it's working right now either, but I haven't checked on that. There are some pretty nice gaming laptops out there meant for gaming, so I'd check those out if I wanna go for a gaming laptop.

3. NickJ

NickJ Member

Laptops can't handle too much gaming. They're still small packages. No matter how jacked the specs make them out to be.

4. camsdad

camsdad New Member

My system isn't the best, so I stick to emulation mostly. I've tried out a few popular games that were on sale and there's a bit of a lag. Its also outdated so I can't bump up the ram. I think im going for a gaming system next time I buy one, which should be really soon.

5. NickJ

NickJ Member

Gaming Laptops are more expensive than Gaming PC's! Good luck!

camsdad likes this.
  6. camsdad

camsdad New Member

Yeah I know but I think it's time I just put out the cash for what I want. I'm on my laptop all the time and I don't have a portable gaming device except for my phone, so I would like to be able to game on the go when I'm not near my console.

7. NickJ

NickJ Member

Well shop around, don't let anybody bully or trick you into a sale. If you're gonna pay high........ make sure you get EVERYTHING in the realm of extras and add-ons you can with your original purchase.

8. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

I have never found expensive gaming rigs as being appealing to me. I would rather get a high end laptop for convenience and portability over power and stability. graphics have never been a deciding factor for me as i try to judge a game on gameplay rather than graphical value

9. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Although that computers with no doubt have a way better display resolution, I think that a lot of people use laptops for gaming too, and I'm one of them. I bought a great graphics adapter that was very expensive though, but I'm proud of myself that most of the games I play are working perfectly even better than on a computer.

10. moaz13

moaz13 Member

Laptops are real bad. I'd rather have a PC inside a bitfenix pandora or some other mini atx case with a monitor if I want portability. Otherwise I'm using my Vita/3DS.

11. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I don't use laptop on gaming but my sister do. I don't like to play on Laptop unless you have a very high-end Laptop.

12. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

I also use a laptop for gaming, HP Pavilion g series dual core and AMD RADEON graphics. Really good but it gets hot when gaming.

13. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I used to use two laptops for gaming, but currently I'm just using one, but that's just because I don't really have time for gaming nowadays, now that we are having some free time for Christmas I might get into gaming more again, but still will be using only one laptop.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This is true and I really wish laptops would get cheaper already. I'm hoping that in a year or two it would at least be more plausible to game on a laptop more cheaply because it's much better to be able to bring your games along with you.

15. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

I have a Macbook Pro and goes heat up but It keeps on playing with no problem. I produce music so my macbook is on about 16 hours a day. I haven't had any problems with it.

16. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

Laptop gaming is much more fun than it use to be. I remember when the laptops failed in having the right specs, unless you paid a bunch of money.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtist New Member

I think the cost is to high for a laptop that you could play your games on-and out of the price range for most people. The laptop is not made for heavy uses of the hardware anyway-and over time it will start crashing and overheating as well. If you game on a laptop though-I would keep it to some light gaming overall and all should be just fine.