How Many Consoles Have You Owned?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Racer X, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Racer X

Racer X Member

I started out with an Atari VCS. Eventually had an NES, then a Sega Genesis. I believe I got my N64 in '95. Stuck with Nintendo and got Gamecube instead of Playstation, then Wii instead of Xbox. Eventually got a 360 and a Ps2.

So that's Atari, NES, Genesis, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Wii and 360. Of those, I only have the NES, 64 and 360 still in my sole possession.

What about you?

2. Laceto

Laceto New Member

I have owned six consoles.

Sega, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360.

I wasn't really into gaming when I was young so Sega was my first one, didn't play it much but I remember playing some games on it. When PS1 came I really got into gaming and been playing actively since. My favorite of those is the PS2, it had many great games that bring good memories. PS3 is also pretty good, Xbox was kinda disappointing.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I owned a NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, and now a PS3. I played a lot more back when I was playing on the Genesis and Saturn, though. Modern games don't really appeal to me as much.

4. BelgianRockfan

BelgianRockfan New Member

I've had two, a PS1 and a PS3. Played on my PS1 right up untill I got the PS3, and haven't really touched it since. It's sitting on a shelf above my desk right now, so I can plug it in whenever I want, but I haven't really had the urge to do so.

5. TheViper

TheViper Member

I've had tons of consoles and I still tend to break them out when I'm bored of my new games.

I currently have a Atari, Sega Genesis, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and a Xbox. I plan on increasing the collection with a PS4 very soon.

6. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

I started off with Sega Genesis and then many years after that got the PS2. I also have an XBox 360 and yeah that's about it.

7. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I have had about 7 consoles throughout my videogaming lifetime. I had the PS2, PS3, Wii, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox 360, And a couple of handheld games. Aw yeah I can't forget about the Playstation 1, and the ones before that one. I had the Nintendo 64 as well.

8. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

None. Someone lent me a NES when I was a kid but I've been PC all the way since 1997. I also have an iPod touch but I don't know if that counts

9. 4justice

4justice Member

I don't think I can count how many I've owned. The first systems I ever owned were the first version of the Atari and the Coleco Vision. I've had plenty of systems between that time and now. Basically, I'm an "old-schooler"

10. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

PS1, Wii, PS2, Xbox360, PS3

11. Poynt

Poynt Member

Used to own a family computer and now I own a PS1 and a PS3. Hoping to get a PS4 this year.

12. turklife

turklife New Member

Like many others, I started out on console gaming. My first console was the Playstation 1, followed by the Playstation 2 and 3. I remained a loyal Playstation console gamer for several years and I have continued to enjoy these systems. In 2011, I purchased an Xbox 360, and I have used this system along with the Playstation 3, switching between the two when I want to play certain console exclusives. My next-gen console of choice is the Playstation 4, but I also plan to buy the Xbox One so that I will have access to the Xbox exclusive games.

13. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

n64 and most consoles leading up to the 360 i have never owned a ps3 but i am not getting next gens

14. LukeDerusha

LukeDerusha Member

I have owned a Playstation Two, Wii, Playstation Three, Xbox 360, and a GameCube.

15. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I have owned the original SNES I had the Nintendo 64 I had 2 Xbox consoles I have 2 Xbox 360 consoles and two PS3 consoles I also have the Nintendo Wii as well. I have had a number of consoles in my gaming life the only one that I wish that I had was the Nintendo GameCube and I think I will buy one from amazon.

16. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Not many. I still have my PS1, PS2, 360 and PS3. Just bought PS4 and Xbox One last month.

17. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Right now, I think I only own two consoles. I own the Nintendo 64 from a long, long time ago, and I also own the PS2. Both these consoles are pretty old, but I still love them! I haven't updated to the newer consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One simply because they're just way too expensive! So, I just stuck to my computer for new games. Plus, games on the newer consoles cost A LOT of money. They average at about $60 per new game for PS4/Xbox One. Maybe even more...

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@Poynt - If you are collecting Playstation consoles, I'd definitely recommend including a PS2. I love the library of that console and I think many would agree as well. If you've never tried it then you are missing out. :D

19. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I have 5 consoles.

PS2, 360, GC, DC and a Saturn.

Love em all and I wish I still had a NES.

20. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I have owned a PS1, PS2 and the last console I bought was PS3, I had a Xbox 360 too, but I think that the Playstation is better than the Xbox maybe because I'm more used to the Playstations than the Xboxes. I like playing the games on the consoles, because the screen on my TV is a lot bigger than the screen on my computer so I can enjoy the games even more than I would playing them on my PC.