Forza Motorsport 5 How bad are the microtransactions?

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon' started by jbeavis100, Dec 24, 2013.

1. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I've heard it's insanely bad. I've played plenty of Forza 4 so I know my way around a forza game but is it super pay2win or no?

2. ciorex

ciorex Member

I think the car token pricing is outright sleazy. Plus, the inability to use all cars in their stock form for freeplay/multiplayer is bullshit; at the very least, it's a step away from what made Forza 3 and 4 so great. I wouldn't mind the slow leveling at all if I could try the stock Indycars and Lotus E21 on my own terms.

3. Kaseyallan

Kaseyallan New Member

Forza is surely going to be abit pay to win, your just going to have to work your thumbs off and show those pay4drive they wont stay alive.

4. Artune

Artune Member

Not too bad at the moment in that you don't have to look at them for a good time but who knows how it will play out in the future if they keep it up in future iterations of the series.

5. apalaze

apalaze New Member

Well the thing is you don't really need them. On the other hand the fact that they make you buy all the stuff is a little infuriating. In any case I wouldn't bother with them.

6. Amatenshi

Amatenshi New Member

The gravity of the microtransactions and smaller amount of cars compared to the prequel is why I'm sticking with Forza 4. Ever since this generation, Xbox has been the definition of "sleazy". I'm glad that Horizon 2 is coming out on the 360 as well, but I sure hope it doesn't fall prey to the same lame microtransaction system that'll break competitive racing in the favor of those who pay extra money.

I love my 360 and I love playing Forza 4, but Forza 5 hasn't really shown me any good reason to upgrade.

7. ray king

ray king Member

I dislike it. The microtransactions are a pretty bad idea, because it encourage players not to do all the hard work, cos they can easily buy tokens, if they have the dough. This is wrong cos retail titles should not have this feature, cos we already paid for it. F2p games on the other hand need microtransactions.

8. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

If I were to tell you it's bad, you would never really give it a go. Truth be told, it's not as bad as you see in some other games, but the fact that it's there infuriates me.

9. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630 Member

I don't really like this idea. It makes you lazy and lets you avoid the hard part of the game, making it reaaally easy to advance in the game only if you can afford to buy tokens.

10. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeR New Member

Not only that, but eventually devs will just decide to put certain cars behind a paywall or make the grind so unrealistic that there is no other alternative but to actually purchase the car using tokens purchases with real-money. It's disappointing after you pay full price for a game only to find that some/most of the content is locked away and will probably never be accessed unless you devote a crazy amount of time towards it.

Yes, games always had hidden content as well as features that were locked away, but it was never dangled in front of you and teased in order to make you purchase tokens/credits/whatever. Forza shouldn't have gone this route but it's where the entire industry is headed unfortunately.

11. gats

gats Member

I really wouldn't bother with the mircrotransactions with this game or most games in general. They leave out details in what is supposed to be a complete game and screw over the customers in the end. This sort of behavior is what leads a lot of people to just pirate games.

12. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Member

I hate microtransactions, escpecially the ones in Forza 5. The microtransaction prices are just so high that it's clear that the developers really don't care for the game as much as they used to. Now, they just see it as a way to squeeze more money out of customers.

13. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I completely hate and against microtransactions in games that may give advantage to the buyer. So yeah, this ones are awful, and kinda ruin the game for me.

14. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

The ruined a lot of the game for many people, but it didn't bother me too much. I've had a lot of experience in microtransactions in Free2play, but not so much in a 60 dollar game like Forza. I'm obviously against it no matter the price, but especially for paid games.

15. troutski

troutski Active Member

It wasn't that big of an issue. People that hated it weren't smart enough to just ignore the microtransactions. The developer didn't make you use them after all.

16. Darius

Darius Member

Wait, are certain cars hidden behind the micro-transactions as well? Because that's ridiculous.

17. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Completely ignorable. You can have as much fun as you would have with a regular game without microtransactions, without even spending 1 cent in addition to what you spent for the game. The microtransactions are there solely for those who want to spend more on their games.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I hate microtransactions especially when you can only buy important things in certain games with money. That being said, the game was really enjoyable and I had a great time playing it!

19. Susime

Susime Active Member

I didn't think the micro transactions were that bad. It wasn't a pay to win game by any means. Car packs were released every month and you had the option to buy them or not, or you get them "free" (or half the price, I forget which) if you bought the season pass. I think they also did a thing where you could buy a single car from a car pack if you so wanted. It worked out great if there was only the one car you wanted from the car pack.

20. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Today's video games have a notorious habit of adding tons of microtransactions for the most useless additions to the game. It's everywhere, not just here. Skins, weather effects, new soundtracks, new graphics, new modes; basically anything that they could have placed in the base game during the launch, but was too lazy to complete it and instead selling them to their customers for more cashflow. It's a sad time to be a gamer, when you have to purchase additions just to enjoy the base game.