Highest amount you have paid for a game

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Even though I'm always on the lookout for free to play games on the Google Play Store, I still have a couple of paid games installed in my device. The most that I paid for a game so far is about $7 in order to get Virtua Tennis for Android.

I also see some other games that I want to purchase but I currently don't have the money. Maybe this December...

What was the highest amount you paid for a game?

2. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Five bucks and it was the last time I paid for a game.

These days I either play my old games, play demo or trial versions of new games or find free ones and download them. The options are so many these days.

3. Qamra

Qamra Member

Maximum I paid was 6 pounds for some German game. It was fun but I don't think I'd ever pay that anymore! You can get better for less or for free.

4. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

Probably 2 or 3 dollars. Games for cellphones here in India are really cheap.

5. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

The highest I have spent on a mobile game app was $8. I loved Call of Duty zombies so much that I ended up buying it for my MyTouch. It didn't really live up to my expectations and I stopped playing it after a day or two. I would rather just play on Xbox or PS3. That was the biggest waste of money for an app.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

$2 at most. I don't really buy that many games for mobile, and whenever I do, I make sure it's on sale because I only want to have something I could mess around with whenever I'm bored waiting in line or something. For mobile, I mostly stick to free games since there are tons of them anyway.

7. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I paid seven dollars for the app, The World of Goo. Honestly, it was so worth it. It was awesome and fun and just all-around beautiful game. It was nice, amazing game mechanics and I just liked it a lot. I really recommend it to you guys, except that the steep price was a bit too over-priced, but eh, it was a great game.

8. davis

davis Active Member

5 bucks on Android for Grand Theft Auto, because, well it's Grand Theft Auto. Other than that I prefer free games and there's plenty out there for my needs.

9. randee555

randee555 Member

When I'm at the play store, I normally look for free games. If I see one I think is interesting, I'll get it and try it out, just to see if it's something I will enjoy.If I love it and the free version only offers a certain account of levels then I'll possibly go buy the full version. The most I've spent is $2.99.

10. 4justice

4justice Member

The most I've ever paid was $5. And that was for Infinity Blade. Mind you, that was more than 3 years ago. Looking back on it, I shouldn't have even paid that much. From that point on, I've only paid $0.99 or less for mobile games.

11. orz

orz Member

I remember there being a Hack N Slash Japanese RPG game a while back, it had a really fancy name and I paid $3.99 for it. Decent amount for an app, don't think I ever played it a whole lot either sadly.

12. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

Like £1.49 I think for some FPS that sucked.

13. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

2 dollars at the most. I don't want to spend too much on mobile games, since i do not play them that often.

14. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I think I paid around 17 for a Final Fantasy game. Almost tempted to drop 20 on XCom Enemy Unknown. That game is fun as hell.

15. 4justice

4justice Member

Yeah, I don't get Square Enix with their FF pricing. It's upsetting that they get away with pricing those games so high when they're so old as it is.

And when you look at the file sizing of those games you see just how small they are. But hey, if the customer is willing to pay $14.99 for a game first made in the 1980's then I don't blame them for charging them like that.

16. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Whoa, 17 bucks for a Final Fantasy game? You must be a real fan of the series. What version of FF did you get? III? IV? I saw that these games have been revamped into 3D thus making it worth the purchase. However, the high price tag is making me think twice.

17. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I think they updated the graphics so it looked pretty nice. FFIV was also the DS version which had cutscenes and voice acting. If they didn't change anything and just did a strait port, I don't think I would have paid more than 3 bucks.

18. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I had a lot of disposable income at the time, and I was pretty desperate for some new games to play on my iPod. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I do enjoy them. I got II and IV. I just figured since they were still 30-60 bucks on the DS, might as well get it on iOS.

19. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

I paid ~5 euros for a Humble Android Bundle, got the games on steam and android. No regrets, ok, only one. I can't remember the games I bought now...

20. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

I never thought that these FF remakes were available on the Nintendo DS as well. Are the versions identical? Do they play the same? If so, then you were really able to get it at a bargain. Have you finished the games? What was it like? Was it good?