Have you got bored of GTA V yet?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by FuZyOn, Aug 31, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

The game has been out for a while now and most people already have a lot most of the things they'd need in the game. I personally don't play it too much anymore, only from time to time with friends.

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

I play it almost every day still for either under an hour or a couple of hours. I will admit I have got a little bored sometimes but that's down to a technical problem, my controller is a little busted and it's limiting what I can do really.

I have not completed the story yet or gone online yet so when I get a new controller I am sure I will not get bored of it for quite a while.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

Noooo. I've been doing 30-player multiplayer races and matches lately. The fun never stops, at least the chaos never stops, but those are two pretty similar things anyways. GTA V still offers a lot, even for veteran players, especially if you have large groups of people to play with that want to have fun instead of troll GTA Online.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

Well, I'm OK with trolling in multiplayer matches because that's what you do to win, but it's less than amusing in the regular GTA Online world as far as I'm concerned. >:|

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

What are the 30 player races like? I can just imagine something similar to a scene from a disaster film happening!

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't play it that much anymore ever although If I'm bored I'll get into it and do some tricks or cause a riot if I'm really that bored. I've always been like this with GTA games but at least with this one there is already an online option.

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

A riot? do you remember the riot and peds have guns cheat from GTA III? that combo of cheats made the game insane, it literally turned the city/cities into a war zone. Really wish they implimented them in the HD GTA universe.

Stunting is still good for fun if I get a little bored too.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm always like this with every game that's singleplayer. I get bored of games pretty quick if I'm not able to play with my friends, so I would've been done with GTA V a long time ago if it didn't have multiplayer capabilities.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

Would you have stuck with it more if it had more things to do, like more side-tasks or random encounters for instance. Or even more customisation options?

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Haha yes even with a game this robust there's still only so much you could do until you've completely exhausted your options. Multiplayer modes are primarily single player games are great indeed.

11. jbepp

jbepp Member

I don't play it as much as I used to when it first came out. Single Player was entertaining but I had much more fun playing the multiplayer with my friends. It was a great experience but lately it feels like we're doing the same things over and over again so we don;t play as much as we used to.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

You know what I wish for? Something like infinite worlds in Minecraft. If Rockstar could somehow come up with a random world generator algorithm I'd pay double the release price for the game. Just imagine having connections in a lot of cities, gangs etc.

troutski likes this.
  13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Y
    Yeah that would be great. They certainly have a world that would lend itself well to something like this. Who knows, they might make a spin off like this sometime in the future although from what they have been doing so far it doesn't seem likely, unfortunately.

14. Susime

Susime Active Member

That would be incredible but I unfortunately just cannot see it happening for a long time in a GTA game. Rockstar seem to focus on making things feel real, like living breathing cities and worlds, and they really do a great job at it. I just can't see them settling for something sub par but with the addition of a random world generator.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

They can make a pretty expensive DLC with this mode if they don't want to add it to the original game, I'm sure a lot of people will be inclined to buy it. Something like "GTA IV Mafia Mode", lol.

16. troutski

troutski Active Member

This is NOT the stupidest thing I've ever heard. In fact, it might be the best idea I've ever heard. I imagine that would take a lot of effort from a technical standpoint. I would pay for the game again, though, and I'm sure that a lot of people would for that kind of feature. Shoot, GTA V might sell ANOTHER 50 million copies if it went that route.

17. TheViper

TheViper Member

The problem with GTA is that I never become truly bored of it. You can do a variety of things in this game which gives it incredible replay value. Playing online gives the game a very enjoyable feel to it.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I know, right? That would be pretty cool. Gang wars like on the SA:MP would be the daily norm, also doing a lot of illegal things like tobacco transports, cocaine etc. - if you lack money you can just ask one of your gangs for some. They could expand on this a lot.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Me too, to be honest. I think revamping the game in this way sort of treats it like a spin off which will surely breathe new life to an all too familiar tone.

20. Susime

Susime Active Member

Thinking about your idea, they could create an infinite world with all sorts of random variables taken from templates already created. For instance for islands they could set anything from a 1 mile wide to 20 mile wide island and have the town spawn under the same system using existing templates.

It wouldn't make perfect looking cities or island chains but it will be great for a massive multiplayer mode where the objective is for two teams to wage war against each other and take control of a set number of points on each island.