GTA V or San Andreas?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by GlacialDoom, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Susime

Susime Active Member

SA was a seriously good game but I get spoiled by the map sizes and considering the size of the world in V I just don't think I would be satisfied with going back to the smaller world of SA.

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have been spoiled by his but I have to admit SA isn't my favorite so it might have something to do with that as well. I think I could probably still replay VC if I really wanted to though and I'm guessing I'll still enjoy it.

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

Just curious but what didn't you like about SA? It's bee a long while since I played it but the only thing that I sticks to mind what I didn't like is that mission where you're controlling that RC plane and have to destroy a number of trucks before your fuel runs out. That mission was evil.

4. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I still play San Andreas every once in a while, but GTAV is clearly better. San Andreas is an old title and it really shows nowadays. It's still a lot of fun, but the controls and graphics take some getting used to after playing GTAV.

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

It's pretty nostalgic I think.

I mean I look at SA now and think of all the fun I had with it those years ago and, I can't believe I am saying this, but for a 2004 game on a console two generations previous, is had some serious content to it.

6. RamZor

RamZor Member

Even though gta:SA is amazing, GTA V still tops it imo. This game is just way too good.

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

You could say that GTA V is the SA to this, well previous, generation of consoles.

And just thinking about the next GTA that will no doubt come out during this generation of console is getting me quite hyped. I mean it will be the same thing all over again where we thought GTA V was big but I can imagine that it will be nothing compared to the size of the next one.

8. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I still find myself missing San Andreas whenever I play V. I just miss the characters a whole lot more. It isn't fun to play a tweaker or in a desert area. I want to play in the hood and I want to play as CJ!

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

Play as Franklin and go bother some Ballas :p

I had a look at some footage of SA recently and the whole map does make me miss it a bit but what I miss a lot is those crazy plane crashes and those ghostly cars out in the wooded sticks.

10. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Exactly, GTA V definitely beats SA on technical aspects with the bigger map, better graphics and all other things, but SA has way more nostalgia to it than GTA V will ever have (I think), though that's mainly because the way people changed a lot in those years and the way we look at gaming. GTA V will be remember as a really good game, and it had a very big hype, though the nostalgia for SA will be remembered even longer I guess.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

I think there will still be some nostalgia for GTA V in the years to come but SA has nostalgic value for me because I remeber all those stunt videos people made with it set to some good music, all the rumours of weird stuff happening and sightings out in the woods and also all the Bigfoot hype and photoshops.

I don't know what it is but SA had a special feeling about it.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. SA was packed with features but the new one is ten times as packed. Although having more content doesn't automatically make it a better game, it is still is very well made anyway.

13. Susime

Susime Active Member

There are some features of SA that I miss a lot.

House invasions for instance were pretty fun. With the new graphics engines of the current gen of consoles they could expand on this so you can rob richer properties and maybe even businesses, but obviously have the stipulation that the richer the place the more likely the cops will be called out.

14. Darius

Darius Member

I get spoiled by V's physics and the multiplayer mods of SA. Overall I'd have to pick SA at the moment just because of all the mods for it.

15. Clanky

Clanky Member

I'm a bit nostalgic about San Andreas as well, considering I played it for 8 hours straight some years ago. I still have it on my computer, however not playing it much. I'm playing GTA5 more currently just because of the bigger maps and better, directly integrated, multiplayer.

16. Susime

Susime Active Member

Man the physics are all sorts of beautiful. I have to say that IV's physics felt that much more "free" so to speak, but V's are not that bad. Only difference is they feel a lot more chained down compared to IV.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

It's not just the better graphics. GTA V actually has a stronger story and better characters. Don't get me wrong, San Andreas is still one of the best GTA games. I like CJ, and I like the 90's version of Los Santos. Now, we're seeing that same area in a whole new light, and it's great. San Andreas almost acted as the framework for GTA V.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I still own my PS2 copy of GTA San Andreas. I also carry an old flame for it. It seriously was a great game, and it did supersede Vice City and GTA III. GTA V does revisit the area in a majorly different way, though. Modern day Los Santos is much bigger, and more abundant in things to do.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. The GTA v physics are really something to behold and it provides that subtle detail of making the game very good while not drawing too much attention to it. Mods are a lot of fun though and though I haven't gotten to play them for SA I imagine there is a lot of fun to be had there.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

The physics in GTA V are phenomenal. GTA V, overall, has just been a great game. San Andreas is still great for its time. I guess there will always be an argument over which game is better. Especially since they take place in the same area. I don't think people should fight over it, however.