GTA 6 Racing wants/needs?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by Norjak71, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

What does everyone want to see added to the racing aspect of GTA 6 whenever it is released?

My personal wishlist is more customization to cars. I love what we have now but it all seems very basic. Perhaps if they added a NOS system like the fast and furious movies and more realistic crashes it would really up the game. I understand its GTA and not a racing sim but I don't think people realize how accurate of a sim it really can be if you race the right way. Everything from carbon hoods and spoilers to tires has an effect somehow and isn't for purely aesthetic purposes as some people have been led to believe.

I wish it wasn't so easy to spin someone out either. That would never happen in real life. Don't make it like an arcade type racer and really focus as their are professional race crews on GTA and that's all they do.

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yes I agree more customization on cars would be great and if anyone can pull it off Rockstar can. It would add a great deal of complexity to the races though admittedly even if the changes were just cosmetic like having decals and bodykits I'd be content with that already.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think the physics need to be improved because racing doesn't feel as realistic as it is in games like Forza or GT Turismo, but I highly doubt they'll improve racing that much since it's not the focus of the game. They're probably happy with the current level.

4. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

Perhaps they will let certain aspects of GTA be modded without fear of a ban, like setting up a different server. Because racing is big time with a huge group of the fanbase so I'd like to see it get improved, just my 2 cents though.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It depends, modders are unable to modify the physics of the game so it's not something to look forward to, but Rockstar could be more lenient when it comes to modding. GTA releases take years in between so it's only good for them.

6. Benoit W

Benoit W Member

Racing in North American continent!

I wаnt Rосkstаr tо dо sоmеthing big. I wаnt thеm tо mаkе а GTА thаt еxpаnds thrоugh thе еntirе Nоrth аmеriсаn соntinеnt. I think it’d bе sо аwеsоmе tо hаvе suсh а lаrgе mаp tо еxplоrе, аnd асtuаlly put plаins, trаins, аnd hеliсоptеrs intо usе! а gаmе whеrе yоu саn gо frоm саlifоrniа tо Nеw Yоrk, оr frоm Tеxаs tо Tijuаnа. In thе USа, yоu wоuld bе аblе tо gеt а mоrе mоdеrn аmеriсаn-ish еxpеriеnсе. In Mеxiсо, yоu wоuld gеt mоrе оf а rеd-dеаd-rеdеmptiоnish еxpеriеnсе. It wоuld bаsiсаlly соmbinе еvеrything intо оnе. It wоuld bе thе gаmе оf thе сеntury!

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The racing aspect on the GTA series of games as needed improving for some time now, but I'm not sure that Rockstar are all that keen. They tend to concentrate on other aspects of the game and I can see why because GTA isn't actually a racing game.

When you look at the amount of work that Rockstar put into their games to begin with, while the technology is probably there to improve the racing part of the game, the release dates now are years apart so if they re-did that too it would be even longer and then people would be complaining about that instead.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, as the saying goes.

8. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

Better car customisations would be great but I think the whole racing system needs to be revamped and changed to be honest.

All it takes is one bad player who likes to troll to ruin a race for everyone. I have to agree that it does add a bit of excitement and does make everyone nervous that at any time you could be take out of the race. However it gets annoying after a while. My suggestion is that there should be a ghosting feature that is always on and cannot be turned off. Basically, if a person is a lap behind someone they become a ghost to that person and therefore cannot hit them or affect them in any way. This would stop trolls stopping in one part of the race track and trying to hit everyone as they come around every lap

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When it comes to the trolls, I'm not sure that there is much that the actual game developers can do to stop them, and that's not just on the GTA series but across all the games that we play online. You only have to loo at the amount of trolls on other games such as Gran Turismo to see that while the majority of players play by the rules, it only takes a small minority to ruin it for everyone.

10. razer

razer Member

I'm fine with the driving system in GTA V. A more realistic system would just be a PITA, like in GTA IV. I agree that more customization for the next game would be nice.

11. NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja Member

As for me, I would like to have more variations in vehicles and car upgrades much like in GTA 2.

12. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

No more crappy DLC and no more oppressor MK II and Deluxos. I can't tell if I'm playing GTA V or Saints Row 5.

13. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix Member

As regards the racing aspect, I'd say things are great as they are. GTA V's story line and missions are heavily dependent on the theft, killing and side missions. It doesn't really require a lot of racing prowess or powerful vehicles unlike Need for Speed which is a racing game.

That said, I do have a few changes I'd appreciate in the racing aspect that I believe would spice up the game and make it more friendly to the race lovers:
    1. Cops: Need for speed boasts of highly efficient police departments. Whenever you cause any mischief, you can actually hear police conversations and know that they are onto you. The thrill of a chase makes you enjoy the game much more than you would have if it was all about racing other drivers.
    2. Bounty: With an accumulated bounty, Need for Speed becomes that much harder with all cops in the game after you and again this makes the game way more interesting.
    3. In-game money: Gaining in-game money allows you to customize cars you own, buy better cars, kick ass in the game and generally be a bad ass.
    4. Black list: This particular feature of Need for Speed allows a gamer to progress their skill, acquire better vehicles once they beat opponents and eventually race their mortal enemy.

Being a need for speed fan myself, I use it as the standard for racing games and I think incorporating some of their magnificent features in Grand Theft Auto would make a better experience for speed junkies out there.