Gran Turismo Movie Moving Forward

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Alex Bean, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Guest

[​IMG]

Sony’s film adaptation of the “Gran Turismo” video game is moving forward – albeit slowly – with the addition of writers, brothers Erich and Jon Hoeber, to write the script. Both writers worked on “Battleship” and the “RED” film series. No story line for the potential film has been announced.

“Gran Turismo” is expected to have a potential 2017 or 2018 release date.

The post Gran Turismo Movie Moving Forward appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

"No story line for the potential film has been announced."

Well, surely a movie about the Gran Turismo series is gonna be based off of how you start the game, isn't it? Buy a car, enter some races, do some upgrades, enter more races? That's it right?

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

You would think that, right? Honestly, I don't know what to expect from this movie, I don't know how they could incorporate a good storyline at all.

4. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It's probably gonna be like any other racing movie out there. Storyline might be decent, but it's probably not going to be anything amazing.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

They will probably work in some explosions in there maybe?

Anyway, I haven't seen battleship and red but they seem generic to me so I'm not very hopeful,but maybe I'm wrong.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

I've just got this terrible guy feeling that they will throw in some sort of love interest for the protagonist...

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Of course they will. :D I'm actually kind of excited to see what they do with it, and I am actually kind of hoping they do a bad job just so I can hate and have another bad movie to laugh at, but if it's good or great then I guess all the better.

8. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I doubt that the Gran Turismo movie will be any better than any of the other movies that are based on video games. Those who haven't played the game might like the movie but to be honest most of those who have will be sorely disappointed. I'm not being a pessimist. Just stating the facts.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

It's already ruined if they consider some sort of love angle because as far as I know there's no love story in any GT game I've played, unless it's hidden somewhere in the menus?

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't even know how they will work in the man element but hopefully they just make a straightforward race track story. I think I'd be much more inclined to give it a shot if they relied more on a good plot rather than explosions and all the other crap they always find necessary to shoehorn.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

I feel the same way but sadly it seems people think explosions and a love interest will make money, and I really hope this does not happen with the GT movie but as I said, I've just got that feeling. It's pretty cool they are making a movie based on the GT series but I'm trying not to get too excited in case it turns out to be a flop.

12. BluBird

BluBird Member

Wouldn’t surprise me if this movie is for GT7. The build-up is becoming quite apparent as GT6 seems to be getting more obsolete.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

If they were smart they would base it on some of the better racing movies that have come out recently instead of trying to pander to what they think teenagers like, but I don't blame them since those good movies ended up being obscure titles despite their good quality.

14. Susime

Susime Active Member

I think it's a difficult situation because they have got to tread a fine line between making something catering to what the fans want and also making this a financial success which will mean they could possibly exploit some tropes that are well known earners.

I don't know how to explain this right but the whole movie situation is like an impending car crash - you don't want to watch, but you cannot look away.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I think I'd only want to see this if it's either extremely good or extremely bad. If it turns out to be average I'm probably going to be less interested.

16. Susime

Susime Active Member

Like you I will probably only watch it if it turns out to be really good and I will be disappointed if it turns out to be a huge let down and I'm trying not to get too hyped in case that is what happens.

I'll probably see what others think of it before I make a decision on going to watch it.

17. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I can't wait to see who is going to be casted in this movie. I know a lot of gamers who are anxious and waiting to see this.

18. Susime

Susime Active Member

That's something I never actually considered...

It's got me thinking now as to who will be cast as the lead roll in this and who will have supporting rolls. Anyone got some thoughts?