Games that teach you how to draw and paint

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Do you know of any game that teaches you how to paint or draw? I was fortunate enough to come across Art Academy for the Nintendo DS. It's a game that guides you and teaches you different methods and techniques in drawing and painting. The game uses the touch screen and stylus and I do think that it has helped me improve my artistic skills. I have evolved from stick figures to drawing and painting still life. I'm still learning a lot.

2. justusforus

justusforus Member

Wow. I was not aware of Art Academy. Sounds like an interesting program if it lets you progress to more complex art skills. Have to check it out.

Ghost Rider likes this.
  3. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Yup, it's really cool. It does guide you through the basics first and eventually you would evolve to more complex drawing and painting methods. The only downside of Art Academy? Your drawings and paintings cannot be exported or shared to other devices. Bummer.

4. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

I have never heard of Art Academy too. It seems really interesting and a good way to learn how to draw based on what you have just described. I have always wanted to learn how to draw better so that I can work on my own painting and sketches. Thanks for letting us know about this!

Ghost Rider likes this.
  5. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

Yeah I was about to say, there is a game that is on Nintendo DS that has some picture aspects. I will never forget that game, and when I first saw it on TV.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

There's a game on PS3 Move that allows you to paint on TV, but I personally don't see it as much more than just a novelty. The tools in it are pretty much similar to anything you'd find on a laptop or on your tablet, just that they can be done with the use of the Move controller and on your TV.

7. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

Well not exactly a game that teaches you how to draw, but I found a NDS game, Drawn to Life, where you can draw your own avatar and control it in game. I think it's pretty nice that they can actually put our drawing to life and experience the game with our own avatar. Also a lot of the levels and gameplay requires you to draw a lot of different things too.

I think there's a sequel for Wii too. Check it out guys.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

It looks like a fun way to learn some techniques of the masters with this game(Art Academy) and some of the lessons I see that they teach you are inspired by some great artists like- Albert Durer,Paul Cezanne, and Leonardo Da Vinci,so it looks very interesting and it seems like a good way to learn about some creative skills with this game.

9. Athanas

Athanas Member

I heard a friend of mine talking about such games. Personally I have never come across any, but I have learnt a lot from these posts. I am glad I have learnt about Art Academy and will look it up to see how it works.

10. overcast

overcast Member

I am not sure about the Nintendo DS and the PSP. But there are plenty of such games for the Android platform. And that can be something to notice as well. You may have to check out with the platform on how to make use of those apps though. It has some level of learning curve.