Forza 6 Now Has Microtransactions, But You Can Turn Them Off

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Peter Paltridge, Nov 18, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

It’s a bitter truth: a lot of racing games these days borrow a trick from phone games and beg you for money, despite the dozens of dollars you already spent on the game itself. Forza 6 was one of the few AAA racers that didn’t use this “feature,” until today. As of a recent update, extra cars and tracks are unlocked by tokens, which can either be bought or earned. Feel like earning them? Good — you’re a true gamer. Feel like buying them all and saving some time to polish your real Ferrari outside? You can do that as well, but know this: no one loves you.

Turn 10 is fully aware of the stink-face a lot of gamers tend to make when they see prompts for money appear on their TV screens. That’s why they put in the option to turn the prompts off. “Players who do not wish to see the token feature in Forza Motorsport 6 menus will have the option to disable this feature from appearing by turning Tokens off in the HUD Options menu,” they say.

Microtransactions were also added to Forzas 4 and 5 back when they were current. Creative director Dam Greenawalt has eschewed the dirty word “paywalls” in favor of his own term, “acceleration.” “There’s a small group of players that can’t be bothered to do things and they have disposable income,” he said in defense. “They’re the sim guys in a lot of cases. They don’t want to do the career, and they don’t value those aspects, and that’s alright by me.” Well, all right then — and it’s two words, Greenawalt.

Remember cheat codes? Those were some times…back when all gamers, rich and poor, stood on equal ground.

The post Forza 6 Now Has Microtransactions, But You Can Turn Them Off appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm not at all bothered by this. I mean Forza 6 us great and a prompt to buy tokens isn't going to ruin the enjoyment of this game for me. I can see it will annoy others but not me.

If people want to pay for tokens, go ahead, if they don't then turn the prompts off. What's the problem?

3. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

Well, it is good to know that you can turn them off. I think that I would find them very annoying. Thanks for letting me know this!

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm glad we have an option to turn them off. Personally, I hate when the game prompts you to buy something in order to advance or to improve, I just want to play without spending a dime more.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm not totally against micro transactions and I think this is one of the better ways to go about it, and as long as their DLC doesn't provide players who pay with an extra edge then that's even better.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

There's nothing like that. The only difference between people who have the DLC and the people that don't are some events for specific cars of the packs, and that's about it...

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I was guessing that this was the case. I think developers now are more aware of how to better dole out DLC because I'm sure there is always uproar from the community whenever there is unfair advantage given to those who choose to pay for it.

8. Susime

Susime Active Member

It's been that way a lot in the past and what I like about Turn 10 is that they listen to their fans and have made it fair for all, but of course there are bonuses for people who have for example a VIP membership which gives you a free car every now and again which is pretty much a car which is already in game but the difference is it has a custom paint job on it.