Forza 6 Goes Gold, 460 Cars Revealed In All

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Peter Paltridge, Aug 27, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

Today Microsoft revealed ten more cars for their upcoming Racer Forza Motorsport 6. While that number might seem small compared to the heavy lists they’ve been dropping over the past few weeks, it’s what it all adds up to that’s most impressive.

• 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S
    • 1979 BMW #6 BMW Motorsport M1 Procar
    • 2015 Volvo S60 Polestar
    • 2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS ultra
    • 2014 BMW #5 Ebay Motors 125i M Sport
    • 2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
    • 2015 Jaguar XKR-S GT
    • 1976 Lotus #5 Team Lotus 77
    • 1969 Lola #10 Simoniz Special T163
    • 2014 Ferrari California T

When you add these to what’s already been revealed, it equals an outlandish 460 cars to choose from. Microsoft announced today the game had gone gold, which means all coding is completed and it’s ready to manufacture and ship. A demo for Forza 6 will be downloadable for XBox Ones on September 1, and contain access to an unspecified number of the revealed cars. Also, if you play the demo, you’ll get a free DLC car: the Ford GT.

Forza 6 will launch September 15 for everyone, September 10 for the overprivileged bourgeoisie who can afford the $100 version.

The post Forza 6 Goes Gold, 460 Cars Revealed In All appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

Oh this is some beautiful news. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the demo and then just two weeks until the full game.

Both of those BMW's interest me the most out of that little list. The touring car 125i will be nice to try out and I'd also like to see what the M1 is like.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'll be grabbing that demo the second it's available on Xbox One. :3

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'm almost, ALMOST, tempted to pay the extra money to get the game a few days sooner, but I'd rather do that with a title like Fallout 4 or Battlefront.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Oh my, the "roster" is pretty big. I'm going to grab that demo as soon as possible, the cars look pretty awesome! They've outdone themselves this year, but I'll try and wait for the game to see if it's really how I expect it.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

You and me both! What's the betting the demo will be taking a 2017 Ford GT on the Rio track?

Re-looking at the car list I've noticed they haven't included that 70's Ford Indy car, which is a shame because with Daytona now included it would be pretty fun to run it around there.

7. jbepp

jbepp Member

Forza 6 looks great, seems like I might have to buy an Xbox One after all. 460 cars is a huge amount of models and I can only hope that the AI and the actual game will be as good as the variety in the cars that we're getting. I really enjoyed Forza Horizon 2 so I hope this one improves on that.

8. Susime

Susime Active Member

After playing the demo for a couple of hours I can confidently say that the game both looks great and feels great. The AI actually puts up a bit of a fight now and makes mistakes. I had one car try to pit me when passing and saw another understeer and go off into the tyre wall after getting closer to him.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but I don't think I've even heard of a game that has that many cars to choose from. I bet they will score a lot of points with their existing fans with this move as it surely is impressive.

10. BluBird

BluBird Member

Very nice, a public playable demo coming out pre-release. Something we unfortunately don't see too much of these days.

11. BluBird

BluBird Member

Very nice, a public playable demo coming out pre-release. Something we unfortunately don't see too much of these days.

12. Susime

Susime Active Member

GT5 I think shipped with just over 1000 cars to use but a good 75% - 85% of them were nothing near the quality that the Forza games are producing. Most of the 1000 cars were ported from GT4.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I guess I'm just behind on traditional racing games. I didn't realize they were all putting up insane amount of cars, but yeah I guess this one is more impressive consider the graphics and the rights they had to get.

14. Susime

Susime Active Member

I consider 400 highly detailed cars that you can explore inside and out a much bigger feat then 150 highly detailed cars along with a 850 others that look rubbish in comparison.

Bigger doesn't always mean better, as is the case with GT4 ;)

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I didn't get to play that game, but I agree. Just imagining it makes me cringe and feel disappointed as I could already picture the mediocrity being sold lol. Hopefully these days those types of practices won't be acceptable anymore.

16. Susime

Susime Active Member

I meant GT5 in my last post, must have typoed...

I hope so. While at the time the number of 1000 cars in a game was...game breaking(!), but when it came out it was just that bit disappointing. I mean you had these really great looking cars but then there were also these cars that looked completely out of place next to them. It was quite cheeky of them really.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah it really is best if they only keep cars that are consistent with the universe they are building, and not just anything to bulk up the numbers.

18. Susime

Susime Active Member

Exactly. It's for this reason mainly that Gran Turismo lost some points in my book with that move. It's still a great game mind you but it was 25% content, 75% filler, or so it seemed.