Forza 6 Gets Mostly Good Reviews

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Peter Paltridge, Sep 8, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

The review embargo for Forza 6 was lifted today and just about every video game website that posts reviews published a Forza review. Most were kind, a few were glowing.

DigitalSpy raised up a 5 out of 5 and added, “This is one of the best driving simulations out there: it’s the game launch title Forza 5 really should have been. We’re a bit spoiled for choice in great driving games this console generation, and Forza 6 screeches in and finds itself a place at the head of the table with consummate ease.”

Arthur Gies of Polygon awarded Forza 6 an 8 out of 10 and said, “Forza Motorsport 6 sometimes feels like a little less than the sum of many much improved parts, and there are certain quality-of-life changes that feel increasingly overdue. But these are only distractions, bumps in the road that make Forza feel ‘just’ great when looked at from a distance.”

Jalopnik’s Matt Hardigree did not give the game a score but recommended it. “I’m only a few hours into the game so it’s probably too early to tell, but for now it’s worth going back to. I want to race old Trans-Am Mustangs and Camaros. I still want to hear the ferocious high pitched wail of a flat-12 NART Ferrari 512 BB.”

The only review that raised negative points against the game came from GamesRadar. Justin Towell said, “This is a true showcase for Xbox One in every area except the racing. Inconsistent difficulty, random payouts, and way too many dull events seriously spoil the party.”

The post Forza 6 Gets Mostly Good Reviews appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

They deserve it! :p Of course, the game has some problems but nothing too serious, it's pretty good overall!

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

I think there was always going to be a bit of negativity left over from the rushed release of 5 but it's great to see the overall opinion of it is good.

Cannot wait to play it. Just a week and a bit now :)

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It's a very well respected title so I expected as much. There are a lot of ways they could have messed it up though so props to them for doing it right. I'm looking forward to getting to try out this game for myself especially after the positive reviews.

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

I watched a stream last night of a guy racing the Group 5 sports cars on Watkins Glen and it really looks good.

I should stop watching and reading stuff about the game though because it's making me want it like right now!

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Haha, that's kind of how I am right now. I decided to stop watching any videos about this game until I can get my hands on it, it makes me really hyped!

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

I know I shouldn't of but I played the demo again this evening.

Man I cannot wait!

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

There are 4 more days so it isn't too far away. I already uninstalled the demo and try to completely forget about it until the release date. Too bad I have a pretty busy week scheduled up, I probably won't have a lot of time to play.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

It comes out on Tuesday in the States doesn't it? I'm guessing that's where you're from.

The UK gets it 3 days later unfortunately but I too have my week booked up so there's plenty to keep my mind busy and hopefully the time will fly.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm from Romania actually but I heard it's going to be available here on the 15th as well. Sorry for that delayed release, any idea why the UK gets it later? :D

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

Ahh I was way off haha!

No idea why to be totally honest but it's always been this way for as long as I've known, every big release gets released on a Friday here.

Have you seen some of the pics users who purchased early access are posting? They look beautiful and the details are stunning.

12. troutski

troutski Active Member

I bought the Ultimate Edition, so I've had the game for two days. I'd say, gut feeling, 8 out of 10. It's a great game with only minor flaws.

13. Susime

Susime Active Member

I hate you :p

Do you know if you can turn the lights on the cars on or off when you're racing?

14. troutski

troutski Active Member

The headlights are obviously on for night races, but I don't know about toggling. I'll have to check next time I play (aka probably in a few hours haha).

15. BluBird

BluBird Member

Anybody even slightly on the fence should check out the demo.

Obnoxious unskippable narration, tutorials and head-patting aside (its a demo after all), the racing itself sells the game.

16. Susime

Susime Active Member

Please do report back!

I've seen people posting pictures of their cars at night with the lights turned off so I'm not sure if this is some sort of Photoshop trickery or an in-game option.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This happens for me too. When I find a game I obsess over I watch it endlessly and by the time I get my hands on the game it feels like I've already played it many times over.

18. Susime

Susime Active Member

I kinda feel like this but it's almost like an anti-climax. I get so excited for it and get really hyped that when I get my hands on it the experience just doesn't match up to the hype I created for it.

I found out my answer to the light question anyway, you can only turn the lights off and on in photomode.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here, and it's why I try to stay away as much as I can, so my first experience won't be spoiled. I find the more I watch the less interested I am at playing, probably because I get used to getting my enjoyment out of watching the game and get too comfortable.

20. Susime

Susime Active Member

Maybe yeah, because when you come to play it you know what to expect and there's no surprise or anything any more. You know what's gonna happen and you know how to proceed.