Driveclub Not Delayed To Add VR

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Sony is squashing rumors that its flagship racer was delayed to make it compatible with its new virtual reality project, Project Morpheus. “There’s a rumor about the reason of the pushback of Driveclub was to make it Morpheus compatible…that’s totally untrue,” PlayStation president of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida told Gamespot. He said that instead the delay, […]

Continue reading...

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It never even crossed my mind that it would be because of VR, and I always just assumed they were just polishing up the game. I think VR would have to get a lot more popular for games to start jumping on the bandwagon. I admit it would be cool for racing games, though, and it's made me more excited for this technology to arrive.

3. nickjt

nickjt Member

It's not just about games jumping onto the VR bandwagon though. Sony wants a big flagship game to launch Morpheus with, so that people are interested in it as a product. It looks like this game won't be there big launch title, but they will find another one.

4. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I don't mind they have VR or not, but this delay is very disturbing. I hope they release it soon. This hype is killing me :(.