Drive Club hype has died down

Discussion in 'Drive Club' started by Ghost Rider, Dec 27, 2013.

1. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

This might be a little exception.

2. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Member

IMO the GTA V hype never died down, there is still a lot of people online and I believe that if they patch the recent bugs and glitches more people will come back.

And the recent DLCs helped gained more attention too.

3. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Member

As for Drive Club I agree that the hype has died down a bit, because of the recent delay. But at least they have put up a new release date and this might entice more people to play it.

4. nickjt

nickjt Member

The problem is that they announced it too early even if it was going to be a launch title. I don't know why devs feel the need to preview games so early, it would be much better for the hype if they were announced about 6 months before release.

5. qag

qag Member

That's what happens when games are constantly delayed, the hype dies down. People were expecting to play this a half year ago during the PS4 launch. In the case of DriveClub however, I think as launch date gets closer, the level of hype for the game will increase to reflect that.

6. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

This game keeps getting delayed so to be honest.. I forget it existed till I saw this thread again.. They really had better ramp up the advertisement for this game or else..

7. Kaseyallan

Kaseyallan New Member

I actually heard it was not going to be able to compete with the other racing games of this year.

8. Lucky120

Lucky120 Member

Oh yeah I heard about this game. I am sure the hype will come back when the game will come close to being release. I mean the game is still being talked about, so it has not died down as of yet right? I am going to start by saying I can't wait for the game haha. :)

9. Artune

Artune Member

The hype may have died but come late September hype will begin again when it releases in October. They screwed up by making it released nearly a year after the PS4 launch but the videos out there make the game look gorgeous. Add the fact that everyone gets it (plus version) I am sure people will love it when it finally comes out. Then we can wait for the next Gran Turismo after that too :D.

10. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

It had to die downn as there are other amazing games coming out this year and next year as well. We have got R Factor 2, Forza Horizon 2, Project Cars, Wolrd of Speed and The Crew coming out soon.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@qag agreed. I myself was one of the people looking forward to it but at this point I'm not so excited about it anymore. I probably will gain some of it back when they are about to release it, but definitely not as much as if everything went as scheduled. Though, like I always say, it's still much better to be delayed than to get it early but incomplete.

12. apalaze

apalaze New Member

Well that's too bad. hopefully it won't last and reignite in the near future. Seemed pretty interesting to me anyways. Oh well.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It seems to have stabilized a bit not just for this game but for many others. Considering the rough start I think this game has done fairly well.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

That's pretty much what happens on all new games, sadly. Eventually, all the hype dies with the game, and either the game releases new updates or DLCs to keep things fresh, or the game dies and the game developers would release a sequel with better gameplay and graphics. Only a few games have transcended through the years and avoided the inevitable crash of hype, but those games are few and far between, I'm afraid.

15. krnd

krnd Member

This was such a shortlived hype it's not even funny, makes me wonder what they could have done to better show their product but I have honestly no idea. The game did not feel that original in my opinion and didn't offer anything to the racing game community so it was bound to be buried.

16. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

This thread is completely correct lol. This game had so much hype and coverage that when it finally came out it fell so hard. Didn't even come close to meeting its expectations.

17. spectre456

spectre456 Member

This game was so bad on release. It had a lot of support from the developers and became a really great experience after a while though. I get why the hype died down, but now is the best time to try it out even if you played it before and were disappointed.