Gran Turismo 6 Do you think the next Gran Turismo will match Forza's Graphics

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Sterling Walker, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

I think so, Grand Turismo is no rookie to the racing game industry. In my opinion they where on top for a while back in the day before Forza made it's mark. I'm glad to see competition and not just one good racing game and a bunch of average racing games.

2. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

It has to, at least if the devs want a fighting chance against Forza. If it doesn't, then it better have a really high frame rate and a lot of extra features.

3. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

I'm sorry, but no. This statement is way off. Take a look at the xb360 version of Forza 5 compared to GT 6. GT 6 does look better than it.

However, if you're comparing the XB1 version of Forza 5 to GT6, of course Forza is going to win. We're talking about next gen vs. last gen here.

4. Susime

Susime Active Member

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the next Gran Turismo surpass the next Forza in terms of graphics. GT 5 & 6 are running on a now outdated console but they still look incredible and can even now give Forza 5 a run for it's money in terms of looks. The guys behind Gran Turismo must really have worked hard to get the level of graphics they have, and to keep the game running so smoothly. If they can make it look gorgeous on PS3 then we can only expect great things from a Gran Turismo title on PS4.

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

They have no choice but to make it look as great as humanly possible on the PS4. Even if Forza didn't exist, the pressure to perform would be sadistically high.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

Lets take GT 6 as a base, lets say they made a GT7 but using graphics engine of GT6. All they would need to do is enhance it a little and it would look on par looks wise with Forza 5, I feel. With the dedication to the product that the team has, I am in no doubt that GT7 will look amazing.

7. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

An updated engine from last generation wouldn't cut it just to put it on par with Forza 5. Polphony is making a new programming engine specific to the PS4. Which is what they should do.

They'd be leaving so much raw horse power unused if they just updated the GT6 engine anyway.

8. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm not saying they would do that, just using it as an example of how easy it would be for them to get on a level with the graphics quality of Forza 5. With the power of the PS4 it's gonna be very exciting to see how PD will utilize it to make the next Gran Turismo the most beautiful yet.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It depends, since the newest generation is right here maybe both developers will change something in terms of graphics. We might see something cool coming out from both games in this department.

10. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

With games like Gran Turismo aiming for graphics supremacy and realism, I wouldn't be surprised if GT would actually BEAT real life in the next few years of gaming. I wouldn't be surprised to see veteran gamers struggling to find the difference between a video game screenshot of a GT game and real life pictures, as the lines between gaming and reality are getting too blurry the past few years, because of the leaps and bounds of the graphics in gaming. So I'm honestly excited as to how far these games can go in terms of realism.

11. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Yes, I believe so. Gran Turismo has always been a very strong game in terms of graphics and they'll make sure to match or even make way better graphics to compete with forza. One of GT main objectives is the realism, and that's because of the strong graphics.

12. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I'm sure that the next GT's graphics will be greatly improved. They'll have to deliver because it's the age of VR and the graphics are expected to be great!

That said, I think we are fast approaching that point where the standard is REALISTIC graphics. If they can take it a step further and make them ultra-realistic then that's even better.

13. Susime

Susime Active Member

From the limited footage of GT Sport that has been released, it looks set to be the most beautiful racing game yet. I can't wait until more footage is released.

14. peelout247

peelout247 Member

Yeah, I was a big Gran Turismo fan and had the games since the very first PS One console and was astonished how much Forza blew it away in graphics. So I would be glad to see Forza make its way on PS4 at some point but lets see whether or not the latest XBox One Slim will make any impact. However, If I had to choose between the two I would prefer Forza cause it just seems like GT is remaking the same game over and over again.

So I'm kind of over it now...

15. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Hard to tell. Usually Forza has the better graphics but this new Gran Turismo is looking pretty damn good too. I'm betting Forza, but I hope Gran Turismo can make better graphics because we as players will definitely be happy for that.

16. Arctic21

Arctic21 New Member

GT Sport looks great and it's hard to tell for me if it looks as good as forza 6 or not. Forza has always had great graphics but GT Sport isn't lagging behind. We'll see when the finished game releases.

17. qag

qag Member

Gran Turismo has always been a technical showcase for Sony platforms, and I expect sport to be no different in that regard. I would expect it to have better graphics than Forza by merit of the playstation being stronger than the X-Box, but we'll have to see.

18. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I think even with upgrades Consoles will still lag behind PC titles when it comes to graphics. And as Sony's GT doesn't have a PC version, I'd assume that Forza's graphics will be better because as the games will also be for PC, PC gamers will expect the best graphics and I'm sure Microsoft will deliver.

19. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Member

Well, they never failed me in terms of graphics.

20. mynameisshieldler

mynameisshieldler Member

I agree with this.