Gran Turismo 6 Do you think the next Gran Turismo will match Forza's Graphics

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Sterling Walker, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker Member

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that Forza's graphics outrank's gran turismo's graphics. Most likely gt7 will be on ps4 so it will hopefully get a graphical overhaul, but will it be enough to compete with their competitors. Will they focus more on quality rather than quantity. Also will the sounds step up to go against forza?

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I'm hopeful that they will come up with better graphics, the GT series has been above average I'd say when it comes to providing graphics for the past few installments, it's just that other game devs have begun to put in a lot more effort into graphics. Since the PS4 is a new gaming platform with better graphics power I would say that GT7 should at least match or outperform Forza.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

Every new GT has surpassed the previous. So expect the PS4 version to have amped up graphics. But how much better can it get. Does graphics make the fun factor greater?

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I think the next generation games will come to some sort of standard soon enough. After a few more games get released more and more developers will figure out what level they should be working towards and from the looks of the early games it seems like soon enough PS3 type graphics will become unacceptable already.

5. shreklock

shreklock Member

It sometimes does, but I wouldn't want the developers focus on the graphics instead of the actual game.

6. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

Absolutely yes, Polyphony will get GT7 looking amazing I'm sure.

7. BRyze

BRyze Member

Yeah, without doubt. It's a new console and they usually improve graphics. They'll match Forza but Forza will probably push forward with it's next release. GT always seems to lag behind in the graphics but only because Forza usually comes out first.

8. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I think that the grapchis in the next GT will match the graphics of Forza, because they will want to keep up with the graphics of the competition. There might be some minor differences, but overall I would say that they will come out with better graphics then the previous release. It usually is so that the next game is better graphicaly as the previous one.

9. Arma45

Arma45 New Member

I would hope so. Gran Turismo, For me at least, Is a staple in a sense when it comes to racing games. I feel like ti paved the way for other racing games that are like it or somewhat like it. A nice graphic over haul would be nice and I think deserved.

Personally, I believe it also adds to the game play when it looks as real as possible. You just get captured into the game and can't seem to get out of it.

10. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It will definitely match, or even surpass the graphics in Forza. Gran Turismo is all about the simulation of the racing world, and making their cars look more realistic with each release is the best way to give players an authentic feel of racing. I expect being able to see a lot of details in the inevitable next gen version of Gran Turismo.

11. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Most likely. I mean, Gran Turismo already has pretty nice graphics, but Forza still beats it. If it wants to stay in competition, it'll probably try to match up with Forza.

12. troutski

troutski Active Member

The next title in the GT franchise should look pretty good. I don't know if it will match the next Forza, but it should beat the current Forza games available right now.

13. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I should be pretty comparable even if it doesn't match its rival graphically. It doe't matter much to me to be honest. Both games are really good.

14. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I really think that it will but mostly I hope that it will. Gran Turismo is a really cool game and I really liked it from the days that I used to play it on the Ps1

15. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I think Polyphony is making some major improvements to the next game in the series. We haven't seen a big overhaul since GT5, and we need one desperately. This might be where they light shine; they do have the capability to blow Forza, and all other competitors, out of the water!

16. Miles Hansen

Miles Hansen New Member

Well, since Gran Turismo has always been all about realism, I can't imagine them not taking advanage of the capabilities of Next Gen consoles. Besides racing games get held to a quite high standard when it comes to realism, since you basically have to do the same thing over and over again, the tracks have to look top notch. I can't imagine that GT7 will be any different.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Unfortunately most developers usually do rely on this to sell their games, especially for ones like this game wherein they aren't really allowed too much freedom to change much of the mechanics.

18. cyberpinoy

cyberpinoy Member

I think in todays world and as far and strong as companies have become,it should be easy to have a team of developers who can concentrate on both the graphics and the mechanics of a game. with all the money these companies make and how little they actually pay their developers they have the money to make sure we as the consumer get exactly what we desire, if the company decides they want to loosen that grip on the pocket book. The execs in most companies neither know how to do all the work involved in making the business they oversee run correctly, and they get paid the most in the company. So when its time to find money to pay their hard workers in the company a little more to satisfy the consumers that are paying your bills its the execs who need to do that.

19. ducklord

ducklord Member

Yes, it should have better graphics and, yes, it will - since we'll see it on a better, more powerful platform, the new PlayStation 4. It's a given - it's almost impossible for a new game on PS4 to look the same as PS3, at the very least, as far as resolution goes. The problem with GT's graphics lies within its models, though, and the stance of its creators to driving, not from technical limits.

Firstly, they've got hundreds of models that haven't been truly updated since GT3. They just add a bit more detail and re-use them. Secondly, GT never gave a priority to the feeling of speed, but to its realism. Remember the first time we saw the "boost" shader in NFS underground, whenever we hit the Nitro? Yeah, if it was GT we'd never seen that. But we'd seen headlights with better halos around them, or stuff like that.

And yet, sometimes, some car models in GT6 are actually better than other "games with cars" in general. More detailed, more "correct", but maybe "not displayed as we'd like them to be". How's that? In smoke, burning, with other cars crashing and exploding around them. That's not GT, it never was, and I guess it will never be.

Forza, on the other hand, managed to offer a better mix of sim and "arcade-y" action, and for that it seems a better game to pick up. You'll play Forza for, say, one month and never feel bored, and it will be easier to "get into" as well. GT, any GT, is harder to "get into", feels "less shiny" at first and you may hate your first week trying to get to grips with its logic. But you end up playing it not for one nor two months, but for years to come. It feels "better in the long run", although, yeah, "more shiny" wouldn't hurt :)

20. jcc

jcc New Member

If it wants to look good on the new gen. consoles, it can't be lazy- they have got to update the graphics. In the past, I could accept and tolerate the ancient car renders, but it just can't live up to Forza nowadays. I really used to like playing GT.