Do you think racing games will die out in the near future?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by FuZyOn, Jul 30, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Will people get bored of them soon or they will keep on growing year after year? I personally believe the latter.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I don't see any reason for racing games to die out. People have always been interested in racing, driving and competition and I don't think that's going to go away.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

They will never die. With every new generation there is new possibilities for new fans. Us older generation do get tired of the seeing the same old game play and options. But the new gamers will enjoy them and fans will always be there to play games.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

Well, the racing genre won't necessarily see growth year after year. Each genre has its ups and downs overall. Racing games won't disappear, obviously.

5. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Never! Racing games are here to stay forever. People have always wanted to feel the "Need for Speed", and racing games are the perfect way to let that rush go through their veins. What's more, with the eventual arrival of commercial Virtual Reality, racing games will only get more popular.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Member

No, I don't think so. Some people really like to play racing games and I'm sure it will not die. I also like to play games like these but I'm not that hardcore gamer but I really like to play racing games.

7. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I don't think that they will ever die out. Teenager really like being competitve and playing racing games is how they can prove their skills. :D

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

Yeah, that's definitely the favorite competitive avenue for teenagers.

/Not.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

This is true. Some of the virtual reality racing games being developed for the Oculus Rift look pretty cool. The only drawback is that some people could get really motion sick from virtual reality driving at such high speeds.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't think it will ever die out because they will always have the car enthusiast crowd to back them. I myself am not one but still enjoy racing games a lot but since I don't care much about cars I favor games that have more features other than nice cars and maps, which I think is the key to keeping racing games from being more accessible and less niche.

11. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Racing games will be around for as long as motorsports live.

Most fans of racing games are fans of motorsports so since there'll always be people who love the speed and blurry landscapes but can't behind the wheel of a real car [to race], they've got only one option . . . play racing games.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah. As long as people like cars there will be fans of racing games because it's the next best thing to getting to try out every single luxury racing car in existence since that would be difficult to achieve irl.

Denis Hard likes this.
  13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, it's not the most popular but racing games are really competitive. Maybe in the future racing games will have a competitive scene like CS:GO, LoL etc. - I would definitely play a game with something like that more.

14. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I was forgetting that too. Racing games allow people to drive any car they please. But as things change and self-driving cars will be a thing in the future, we should assume that racing games will also evolve to match the advancements in auto technology.

Wubwub likes this.
  15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I guess in the far future it might be seen more as a nostalgic pastime but in my opinion there will always be people who have an inborn desire to go fast so it's probably something that will be kept alive as a sport even when the masses have moved on.

Denis Hard likes this.
  16. TheViper

TheViper Member

The topic of racing games dying has always been talked about numerous times. My argument will never change though as I think it is proven time and time again by the current games that are out. A pure racing game such as NASCAR will always have its niche. They will always make that game simply from the popularity with its fans. Now, a pure gamer may not enjoy games like that. That is why games like Burnout and the aspects of driving in GTA will always be a favorite for most.

17. sam123

sam123 New Member

I think never racing game die but it will develop in many different directions and vehicles
    (giàn phơi thông minh)

18. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I don't think racing games will ever die out, much less in the near future. There will always be a demand for racing games.

19. Susime

Susime Active Member

I can't see them dying out anytime soon. I mean I can only see them gaining popularity because we've now got racing series' like GT Academy taking place on them as well as a few other minor ones.

Racing games will live on for as long as gaming lives on.

20. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I don't think that racing games will ever die out. There is always that thrill of having to beat out a bunch of other drivers. It stems back to our need to be the best. I will always play a racing game even when I am old and can barely walk! It will help me feel fast again!