Do You Still Play Old GTA Games?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Wubwub, Nov 4, 2013.

1. qag

qag Member

I find myself going back to games like Vice City and San Andreas quite frequently. They're amazing games, and well worth playing even today. It is not like they became obsolete because of the new games like V or IV.

2. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I still play old GTA games! But it's been a while. The GTA that I last played was GTA Liberty City Stories. I'm almost finished the game, but not quite there yet. My brother has his own profile and he's finished, but I want to try and finish it myself as well! But I usually slack off and just end up roaming around the cities instead of actually doing the missions.

Wubwub likes this.
  3. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I play GTA San Andreas from time to time. When San Adreas came out I played it really a lot, alone or with my friends. Me and my friends used to talk only about this game. That's why I think that I still play old GTA games, because of the nostalgia. I also like the mods for San Andreas, which I didn't play as much when San Andreas was still popular, that's why I'm enjoying them now after some years have passed. But when I stared to play GTA V, I got used to the good graphics a lot and now when I play San Andreas it doesn't get as fun as it usually was, I would definetly fix the graphics if I could.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@burtpovski - This happens to me too. I'm honestly not that interested with some of the missions, and when one that I don't like much pops up, I usually just play the mini games first or cause riots for a while. That's if there are no other alternative missions left at the time.

5. rgrimes

rgrimes Member

I still play a multiplayer mod of GTA SA called SA-MP. It still has thousands of active players every day, with very unique and interesting servers.

6. Jerome Moore

Jerome Moore New Member

I think every person that has played the Grand Theft Auto series always wants to go back to playing Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City and San Andreas. I still have a Playstation 2 and play them every now and then.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  7. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Who doesn't play old GTA games? If you are a fan f GTA games, you just have to go back to old games to have some fun.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You said it. I myself would love to be able to play LCS or Vice City if only I still had my old consoles or my PSP. Each version is truly unique and I love rampaging in the old games.

9. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

I go back to San Andreas here and there, I enjoy replaying the missions

10. Balaal

Balaal Member

I went and bought a playstation 2 last month, just so that I could play Vice City again. Its still so much fun to play. I also have San Andreas on my laptop

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This happens a lot for me too! I don't think there's anything wrong with it though, as long as you are enjoying yourself then it doesn't really matter whether you finish the missions or not, and I think they meant it to be that way.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

The oldest GTA game I still play is GTA 3. Once you go back further than GTA 3, the oldest GTA games are for PS1 and look really blocky and retro.
    I can't get into GTA 2 because it looks old and has the typical graphics of A PS1 game.

13. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

I still go back and play old games all the time especially Vice City its my favorite one from that generation. I loved the mood and vibe of the game the locations, sound track, story. I loved everything about that game its still holds its own to this day in my opinion. O and did I mention a headshot made the persons head blow off and blood squirted from their neck as the bodies dropped.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, I also still like Vice City. I really do hope that GTA6 comes back to the Vice City area, like I've been hearing. In any case, yes, Vice City was a pretty good game. I also go back to San Andreas. GTA5 is amazing, but so was San Andreas. I kind of do that as a "before and after" kind of thing.

15. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

I could be wrong but what i heard was that the DLC for GTA V was a Vice City pack and later on a Liberty City pack. Although this is just wishfull thinking since it sounds way to good to be true. But who knows so far all the updates have been free and they add a bunch of stuff each and every month. And since they made well over a billion dollars they definitely have money to make some magic with what ever they do from now on.

16. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Member

in my opinion i enjoy older grand theft auto games more so than the newer games. the story was more provoking on last gen then current gen. i have always been in favor of basic visuals and fun gameplay

17. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

So true, I dont know if its the nostalgia talking or common sense. But I would rather have a game with simple plain graphics and tons of story, gameplay, etc.. than a beautiful game that's empty with nothing to do.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

That would be cool if that were true. The only one I don't really like the idea of is another Liberty City one. I just think they kind of overuse that location and should give it a small break.

19. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

I know its the one place they have been to Liberty city 3 times now while vice city and san sandreas have only been visited twice. I think they should bring back san fiero and las venturas as dlc for GTA V and then make vice city for the next GTA game

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, that would actually be cool. Las Venturas was an area I liked and I was honestly a bit sad to not see it in GTA5, but GTA5 wasn't meant to be a direct sequel to San Andreas, so I understand.