Do you still own a Nintendo gameboy?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by Rohan99, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I want to know how many of you still own a Nintendo gameboy and if you still play it. The gameboy is a legendary portable game console and I still own a gameboy advance which I play from time to time.

2. wulfman

wulfman Member

I played The Legend of Zelda : Link's Awakening awhile back. Only because I was bored and it was the only video game around at a family member's house.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've never owned one but I did get to play it a few times a while back. I don't think I found a game that I really liked, but I'm curious enough to want to buy one just to have a chance to test some of the vintage games.

4. rgrimes

rgrimes Member

I have a still working Gameboy Advance SP, with minor scratches on the front.

5. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

No I don't and I didn't own one previously.

6. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I still own my old gameboy, because I enjoyed playing it a lot when I was little. Now it is in my closet and waits for me to play it again and I do that from time to time, because of the nostalgia probably.

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I wish. my original game boy was stolen..

8. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

The mention of the Nintendo game boy brings back memories. Unfortunately I no longer own one but I do foresee the days when the Nintendo Gameboy will become an antique seller. I think you can find a few being sold on ebay.

9. ray king

ray king Member

Yes I do, but unfortunately it is broken. But it is not gonna be thrown away, there was atime when I thought I could repair it, but I think I made it worse. Oh well.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

My daughter used to have a Gameboy Advanced SP. We eventually traded it in at Gamestop when the Nintendo DS came out. I know, I now despise Gamestop, but that's besides the point. The original Nintendo DS and DS Lite had an extra cartridge port for Gameboy Advance SP games. It was reverse compatible, so I got my daughter a DS Lite. She still has it to this day.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Wow, that's terrible. That's why I always told my daughter to never bring her handhelds to school or anywhere she could lose them. She's been doing well with that.

12. vennybunny

vennybunny Member

Does an emulator count? ;)

13. gats

gats Member

I sold my original gameboy cololr 5 years ago. I don't really see a need to keep it since I can easily just emulate the games on my phone or PC.

14. BJL717

BJL717 New Member

I still own a Gameboy Color with an abundance of games that I forgot all about. I haven't played it since - lord knows how long. It's still in excellent condition.

15. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

No I don't, but I have the emulator which I still play from time to time. My favorite was pretty much anything Mario related. I remember the first time I played Tetris it was on a gameboy. I had the original one back in the late 80's.

16. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I remember getting my Gameboy SP way back in the day. I still have it somewhere, but I don't remember where I put it. I still remember, a dark blue Nintendo Gameboy SP!

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I never was all too interested in gb to be honest so I never even thought of checking out emulators but now that I'm reminded of it I think I would just to see what the fuss is about.

18. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I don't think so. I think the question is asking if you have a physical Gameboy.

19. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I still have my Nintendo Gameboy but the thing is... it's not working anymore. I just played using this back in 2012 and it's working fine, I wonder what happened.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That's a bummer. I hope you can find someone nearby to repair it. I'm sure there are lots of shops now that cater to this since vintage consoles are popular now.

peelout247 likes this.