The Crew Could this be the longest racer ever?

Discussion in 'The Crew 3' started by Marcus, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Marcus

Marcus Member

2. davis

davis Active Member

That "90 minutes to drive from coast to coast" is interesting enough, but just 20 hours to finish it? That doesn't sound like a lot. 2 hours a day, provided you're good at it will take just 10 days to finish.

3. Farseer

Farseer Member

I'm not sure it will be that long, if there is an offline/single player/campaign mode - I'm pretty sure the main focus of it is the MMO racing, so that is infinite hours there...

4. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I don;t know if we can say that it's the 'longest', but yeah, the world is really huge and filled with a lot of things to do. At least Ubisoft says so. They have released a bunch of gameplay videos to support the claim. It seems they are right on track. So yeah, I think that it can turn out to be a really 'long' game.

5. zambothegreat

zambothegreat Member

Dude, it's a racer, not an RPG. 20 hours for a single player campaign in a racer is damn impressive.

6. Brad

Brad Member

It is certainly and 1:30 minutes to get round the map is a hell of a long time gta is like 10 mins probably 20 :O

7. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

20 hours is quite long for a racing game. As zambo noted, it's no RPG/Adventure game, we shouldn't expect 100+ hours gameplay.

Just think about it, how would you ever make 100 hours of gameplay for a RACING game. There's only so much you can do before it becomes repetitive.

8. davis

davis Active Member

I don't mind 20 hours if it's dull and boring. But if it's as engaging as the previews make it look, then I really really want at least 21 hours.

9. ItsyA

ItsyA New Member

I think I am going to like this game. If the time of 90 minutes is as consistent as you say, it could be a great hit for people who like racing games or a great fail. Considering me as a fan of racing games, I find 90 minutes could be a great challenge but in a good way to test the durability of the gamers themselves.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I hope they don't focus too much on online, but I bet they are. Still, it does provide some benefits, such as infinite expansions and longer hours of gameplay. I'm looking forward to seeing this, as I've never really played much online and this would serve as a great introduction if it's done well.

11. Danilo Bojic

Danilo Bojic New Member

It seems like it will be a long range racing which I love, it's a test of stamina more than just skill, I am looking forward to this game.

12. sidd230

sidd230 Member

90 minutes to drive? Is that like the real life time? Holy cow that is a long time.

13. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Well that seems like a game that I need to watch out for as soon as it is released I will have it. When it comes to 20 hours to finish the game I find it rather easy to beat.

14. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Who will drive for 90 minutes at a stretch? I am sure we are not going to finish this game in 20 hours at one sitting.

15. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

I would love this game if I would be able to have different saves during racing. Nobody likes to drive for 90 minutes straight.

16. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Member

The Crew can easily be the biggest and baddest racer of all time if all the hype is true. I use to think that Test Drive Unlimited was the largest map a race game could have, then came along The Crew to prove me wrong.

17. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

The first thing I'll will definitely do will be driving from one coast to another and see the time. 90 minutes is a lot and that is awesome! :D

18. tdog6236

tdog6236 New Member

90 minutes to drive coast to coast is pretty long. And considering you will be racing against other people for that long is awesome. And 20 hours of single player is insane for a racer. I'm still not sold on the game completely, but once I read some reviews after it comes out, hopefully it makes me want to buy it.

19. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Wow! It's really insane how large a world this game encapsulates. This one is gong to be freaking massive without a shed of doubt.

20. froggy666

froggy666 Member

Who is going to only play for 2 hours a day though? It's to the point I feel like most won't play it for the campaign... Personally, I feel like I'm going to try and just drive. See how fast and far I can go.