Console Games Everyone Loves Except You

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Wubwub, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I concur, unless the dull colors are stylized for a reason. In Telltale's The Walking Dead, it's not the most vibrantly colored game, but that's because there is a bit of a dreadfulness to the game (what with there being walkers eating people). It's a great game, though. The Tomb Raider reboot had both vivid and dull colors, depending on the situation. Still, I agree.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

As I said, I prefer the futuristic war games like Halo and Mass Effect. The stories for those are more appealing. Plus, my technological geek side loves all the advanced technology.

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Metal Gear Solid, everyone seems to go crazy for these games, but I honestly find them boring and the story needlessly convoluted. I bought the HD Collection very excited because I thought I was in for the ride of my life. Once I started playing it my excitement quickly turned into boredom. There's so much talking and exposition about things that I don't really care about.

Once I finally got into the actual game and had passed out three times out of pure boredom I get to control Snake, so I walk ten steps to get a parachute and some chick starts talking to me for another half hour. After that was over I started moving towards my objective, but the game doesn't let you shoot or do the simplest of tasks unless you press five buttons at a time. After getting killed a few times I gave up and decided this is one of the worst games I had ever played.
    This is all about MGS 3, after I tried to get into 1 and 2 and failed miserably. The one I got the farthest in was 2, and it was still a chore to play.

4. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Any Sonic game, really. Except maybe for the last few racing titles, I've never been able to get into the classic ones. I just don't feel like I'm in control and don't get any real enjoyment out of it.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

The speed is part of the thrill. It's not your average platformer. It's a really fun game, if you give it a chance. If you didn't like the classic games, try the modern ones. Sonic from then and Sonic from nowadays is pretty different.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I've never played the main games, so I can't vouch for them. Still, I played Metal Gear: Rising Revengeance, which was Raiden's game. That was a really good hack n' slash game, and I kept playing it and playing it.

7. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Yeah, maybe I should give them another try. I do remember enjoying Sonic Generations demo, but it ran like shit on my laptop. I'll give her a go once I have a good gaming rig.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, I see the situation. Yes, you should go back to Sonic Generations. It was a really good game, and a great one for Sonic's 21st anniversary.

9. RamZor

RamZor Member

For me it's probably CoD. Everyone I know loves this and I don't really like this game.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Same here. I think it's overrated. I tried to get what all the hubbub was about, but I just don't get it. I guess it's also because I'm not a big fan of war games that don't have sci-fi elements in them, but something about Call of Duty seems very mediocre to me.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Grim and realistic seems to be the trend for games and movies nowadays and I honestly kind of hate it, but I have to admit they have some advantages as well. I think it's because back then when machines weren't as powerful, stylizing was more of a necessity and now they don't need this crutch as much.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I get what you mean. Still, I do prefer more vibrant colors. Not everything has to be so depressing. Still, I think that Japanese made games still have a lot of color in them, even nowadays. It's really the American games that are all dark and dreary.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You're right. Japanese companies and culture are still more similar to the original games I think wherein almost everything is cute or at least even if it's realistic it would still be colorful, like Tekken!

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Yeah, I get what you mean. Games like Tekken and a lot of other Japanese games still have a lot of color in them. Especially games with my favorite genres, fighting and RPG.