Cable or Direct TV?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Farrah, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Farrah

Farrah Member

Which do you prefer? I can't stand Direct TV. It never works when it rains and I don't understand why we have to sign a contract to watch tv. Are they that insecure they have to lock us in like that?

2. davidexct

davidexct Member

I use Direct TV or satellite connection. Yes, I face problem sometimes when it is cloudy or raining outside bit Direct T.V. has an excellent quality if compared to cable T.V .

3. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

I don't care for Direct TV,
    I bundle with Comcast and they aren't so bad. The internet is fast but it goes out for no reason for like 20 minutes every so often. I couldn't even tell you why

4. Farrah

Farrah Member

I don't know, have you tried Comcast lately? I was surprised too when I saw how great it looks now that they have gone digital.

5. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

I just watch my TV on my computer... why buy cable when everything's on the Internet?

6. randee555

randee555 Member

I have dish network but I also subscribe to hulu plus. I'm not a fan of satellite so I only have a very small package. I only have it because certain shows I like aren't on hulu plus.

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Neither. I'll just have cable tv thanks. I only watch TV for the news anyway and I can get that with an antenna.

8. gats

gats Member

If I really had to choose it would be Direct TV since it is cheaper in my area. I am more of a Netflix or Hulu type of guy.

9. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

I would chose cable but only because Direct Tv is worthless in the rain. Once it rains the entire picture is screwed up.

10. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I personally have cable so I would go with that.

11. Dez97

Dez97 Member

Direct tv cause its what I have now.

12. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Member

I think I would much rather go with direct tv over cable. I have never had cable before, so I think I would just stick with what I already know. Besides, cable doesn't cost much less where I am from.

13. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I'm currently using cable. I don't think I've tried Direct TV before, so I can't really judge that. But I'd say that cable is pretty good from my past experiences. Even now, I think that it's still good. There's still a lot of channels that you can watch, but some cost money to subscribe to. I usually subscribe to only a couple of stations because I don't have the time to watch everything on TV.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Satelite tv isn't very popular here and we mostly just use cable and I've never had any problems with it apart from a very few days of outages so I would just pick that over satellite. The only thing I would prefer about satellite or direct tv would be the many different channels I get.

15. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

neither, I prefer to just stream everything online. Cable is moving in that direction now anyway.

16. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

Niether, but if I had to pick one it would be Cable. Satellites, for the longest didn't have the internet and phone packages. I think they have the internet now but I'm not sure about the phone service.

17. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Neither, I have TV but I rarely use it, I only use it when I want to a watch some movies or play games. And also I have Internet, I'll just stream them online.

18. cyberpinoy

cyberpinoy Member

When we lived in the states we had Both plus netflix and some filipino cable box for my wife as well. How culd I possibly watch all those repetitive channels i could not but it was nice to have all of them available to us.

19. tpicks

tpicks Member

I use the satellite connection I do this when I am looking to watch matches. Soccer is what mostly still draw me to my TV. I hardly have time to watch more of TV these days.

20. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I used to have DirectTV but that has been ages ago,and now I just watch Netflix or Hula these days, through the "streaming of movies and shows". This seems the way to watch movies today and old TV series as well,and they have a lot of these on Hula -and two that I like watching are"The Doris Day Show" and "Doc Martin" -a BBC show that takes place in Cornwall England.