Gran Turismo 6 Brakes don't work in some circumstances

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by mddimehdi, Oct 9, 2014.

1. mddimehdi

mddimehdi New Member

Has anyone noticed that in both GT5 and 6 there are some circumstances where the brakes don't work at all? Usually it's when you're at high revs (for example, having shifted down prior to braking) or sometimes simply when you're turning while braking. I've noticed this in one of the mission races and it's ridiculous. It ruins the whole event.
    Note that when I say "don't work" I mean, the brake lights don't come on and the UI displays that you aren't braking at all.

2. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

I haven't had this problem yet but I also haven't played in a while. During which of the mission races does it occur for you? I'll check it out when I have the chance and report back if I have the same problem. Don't think this has happened to me before though. My dad plays a lot and I've never heard him talk about brakes not working either.

3. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

I'm right with Qarnage, I haven't experienced that problem but then again I really don't play Gran Turismo very often...I've just never been that impressed with it. And issues with brakes are kind of big deal when a game is racing centered :/. That's disappointing indeed.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

You're not describing anything that I've ever experienced. Do you have a link of a video or something that shows this happening in-game? It could just be a glitch for certain vehicles under certain conditions.

5. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I have played this game quite a bit and I haven't experienced this at all, like a lot of the people here have already said. Maybe your controller or, if you play on PC, your keyboard is broken and that's why it doesn't register your button presses.

6. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I haven't noticed this in any Gran Turismo game, but that sounds awful. I think it's a hardware problem and not from the game itself. Make sure your controller is 100%.

7. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Yep it has to be either the controller not working correctly or perhaps a bad connection to the console. Too bad OP isn't responding anymore though, I guess the problem has already been fixed. If not, try playing with a new controller because the problem is definitely unheard of in this forum.

8. Jacob

Jacob New Member

No, I have never experienced what you describe. As the members above said, it may be your controller.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think if there was a mistake in the braking mechanics it would be widely noticed. I myself haven't felt any errors so I think it is probably just your controller.

10. cyberpinoy

cyberpinoy Member

These are the things that make me love PC games. I must also commend the OP for understand the games ability to give us the most realistic gaming experience. You my friend may have found a glitch. r your controller is not functioning. The reason i mentioned PC games is because when a glitch like this occurs a quick update will fix it, a console game can not be updated you must find a way around the problem. in thiscase I thin his way around it was purchasing a new controller.

11. BRyze

BRyze Member

Have you tried using a different controller? I haven't had any issues. I'm assuming it's a controller issue. I've had controller issues in the past and not noticed them for a while.