Best of Both Worlds?

Discussion in 'Drive Club' started by TheAspertarian, Oct 10, 2013.

1. TheAspertarian

TheAspertarian New Member

So, just wondering. Do you think that Drive Club will draw in more players because it is incorporating social media and a racing game? Or do you think that it won't make much difference? What would be the best way to attract people who are not currently gamers? I think this is pretty clever myself.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think if, back in the day, you'd suggested social media users would take an interest in gaming via Farmville, you'd have been laughed at. But look at that game now. I think this could be a sleeper-hit.

3. Brad

Brad Member

It sounds good do they think it will act like GTA with the phone where you can like phone people and text or is it going to be a full on social media site where you add people, send messages, email etc?

4. justusforus

justusforus Member

I agree with Hemmingway. Social media has been a bridge to some unlikely spots. I think you hard core gamers will actually enjoy a social media aspect..as long as it's not lame or detracts from the game. Guess we will see.

Hemingway likes this.
  5. jcairns82

jcairns82 Member

I think it'll all depend on the integration and what the benefits are. I don't really have many fellow gamer friends and not sure if I want those that I do chat with on gaming boards to have access to my present social media. I like to keep some things separate.

6. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

As we further progress towards the next generation of gaming, there will be more and more social integration in the games. Like it or hate it, it's going to happen sooner rather than later. Kojima has hinted that his next games will include some sort of social integration. Ubi is doing it, EA is doing it, Activision is dong it. Heck, almost everyone is going for it. So, there you go.

7. aleks4775

aleks4775 Member

Are those games still popular? 2 years ago I remember everyone wad playing them, but now I barely hear about them.

8. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

It's possible, but something like this will be hit and miss. If they do it right, it'll be amazing. If they do it wrong...

it'll be terrible, like really bad.

9. mike mike

mike mike New Member

It will be a good thing if it did happen. If its not going to work then that will be bad. It would cause less players to be there and change their mind.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I prefer simple structures and not have too much external aspects muddling my games, but at the same time, I'm not too avert to new things and experimentation either. I'm not really that excited about inclusion of social media in gameplay, but I may change my tone if I experience it and it turns out that they executed it well.

11. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Probably but am not so sure. Most gamers like to play their games on consoles or PCs but not on social media sites. Just saying.

12. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I think there is a chance. Many people will check out a game if it is being recommended by their friends on social networking websites. So there is a chance that this will become a hit.

13. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Member

I think they have tried this with Grid 2 and I think it worked out very well for them because it created quite an atmosphere in the game, it also gave a sense of progression in that whenever you won a race or event, you were really doing something to boost your popularity.

14. lwhite36

lwhite36 New Member

I think it's a pretty good idea as well. Social media is getting more popular each day. So, I think it might work for attracting new people who aren't currently gamers.

15. danachka

danachka New Member

I don't I think they might.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You're right, and additionally, I think people would feel the need to jump in with their friends if they get invited to be part of someone's racing team as well. I just hope that they get it right enough so that it will be enjoyable.