Best new racing games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Sparkster, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

So, I think the last major racing game to come out for mobiles which gained a lot of popularity was Asphalt 8. As far as I am aware, this is free to download on Google Play (or am I wrong?). I'm just wondering what other racing games have come out since, whether big or small, which you think are particularly good (if any)?

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

I don't have any games to add, but Asphalt 8 is free to download!

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree Asphalt deserves recognition as much as any console game. I think it's a great successor to the burnout style of playing which I absolutely favor. The only thing that's missing is the crash mode.

4. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

Drive Club is a fairly new game that is one of the best that I have ever played. The intensity of the races and game play is like no other. I love it and would nominate it for game of the year.

5. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

The newest racing game that I've kept up with was Need for Speed Rivals. As a fan of the Need for Speed series, I'd say that this is a pretty cool looking game. There's probably a lot more new racing games out there, but then again I haven't really been keeping track.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Good to know. I've lost a bit of interest in it after getting delayed for so long and hearing that it's good at least makes me curious about it again.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

If we're talking about phones here then Real Racing 3 is also a really good option. Pretty awesome game made by EA, and it runs pretty smooth on Android (I don't know about iOS, but it's probably similar in performance).

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

Project CARS released awhile ago, but it's a great game. :3

9. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

You're right, Asphalt 8 is free to download. :) I haven't noticed any new good games to add.
    I really enjoy Hill Climb Racing that you can play on your mobile phone though, if that counts. :p

10. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'd say Project CARS has to be the best racing game out there at the moment, but when Forza 6 releases next month I reckon that will take the top spot for a while.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I would give iRacing a spin, if you enjoy simulator-type of racing. I think it has a free trial, and it was released fairly recently, if memory serves me. It's subscription based, though, so I really advise using the trial first.

12. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I've heard a lot about iRacing, people are really praising that game, but is it really that good?

13. Susime

Susime Active Member

I've had a look at this one in the past and it all seems pretty professional based. As in there are set times you can race and it is pretty much an online racing game there is no single player racing against an AI, it's all online. The most you can do offline is take your car for a test run.

What puts me off slightly is how professional it is and how it's all structured with set times for races, so there's no just loading it up and going for a race whenever you like. Also the subscription thing is a little off-putting.

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Yeah, I should've said how niche it is. It truly is a hit and miss for people, and for me it was kind of a hit. Sure, I haven't played it only for one month, but I kinda liked how this was a change from the usual casual games I play. I actually feel like a pro. :)

15. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Oh, I missed your reply, my bad. It's nothing spectacular, but it's definitely a nice change from your usual casual racing experience. It does have its quirks here and there, but I would urge you to at least play the trial to see whether you like it or not.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've never played racing sim games before but now I'm curious. I just hope you don't need a good rig to enjoy it.

17. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I'll adding my vote for hill climb. It's a relatively challenging racing game.

It's simple as it sounds. You race up a hill. Sounds easy but it isn't [and that's the one thing I like about it]. You can upgrade you car, get bonuses, etc. It's a good, addictive game.

18. TheViper

TheViper Member

I've enjoyed a game called Rocket League over the past few months. It isn't a typical racing game and it is kinda like a mixture of different genres. Playing with friends causes anxiety and fulfillment when you destroy them.

Wubwub likes this.
  19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've seen some game plays and I think it's closer to soccer than racing but it is very fun to play with friends I agree and it is very well made.

20. RamZor

RamZor Member

Asphalt is definitely a must try game imo. Very enjoyable.