Best Gaming Series Ever on PS2

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by dannyboy, Feb 7, 2014.

1. tdog6236

tdog6236 New Member

My favorites and probably the best are GTA, Def Jam, and Kingdom Hearts. Some great memories with those games. Still waiting for a current-gen Def Jam.

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Def jam is definitely up there in the top games of ps2 at least for me. I'm not sure but I think there is also one for ps3 though I'm not sure how good it is, but I suspect it didn't live up to the predecessor since it's not as talked about.

3. tdog6236

tdog6236 New Member

I think the ps3 one was Def jam Icon. It wasn't good at all in my opinion. It was just a completely different game. Controls were a little hard. Just different from the classic FFNY

4. jurew2

jurew2 Member

GTA series for sure, because it is one of the most known games out there and it is super fun. Everyone can play it, someone who plays a lot of games can have fun with it and someone who is new to games or doesn't play a lot - therefore he isn't good - can have fun with it too.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I saw a bit of the footage of gameplay and it did seem very different. I think that's very unfortunate because they had hit gold with the original game and all they really had to do was repeat it with updated graphics. I hope they come out with another one soon and return to formula.

6. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Exactly. Those probably have to be my top two for PS2 games. I love hack-n-slash games like god of war and GTA was a big part of my childhood.

7. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

Well the top selling games on the ps2 is GTA San Andreas. It sold 17.33 million copies. Grand Turismo was the next biggest at 14.89 million copies.

8. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

In my heart its a close race between God Of War and Ratchet and Clank. I love them both equally for what they are and what they have become over the years and generations. Cant wait to see what will come of them for the PS4.

9. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

The best series that I have played no the PS is the GTA series. Up until the newer releases of GTA these were the games that you used to look forward to playing because they were that good.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

All of my friends were obsessed with those games. I wasn't but I did enjoy watching them play it. My favorites were usually the less popular ones like def jam but I still loved the innovative nature of all games that came out for that console.

11. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

GTA since it's a racing forum! But if all games were allowed I would go with the Metal Gear series.

12. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I think the GTA series and Crash Bandicoot series were pretty cool! GTA definitely had the most variety in it though. For a PS2 platform, games weren't the most action packed, but they still kept me entertained!

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

GTA's versions on ps2 really did a lot to change games forever. We now have a lot of open world games but at the time it was the only one of its kind and all the activities you could do on the later versions really set up the standard for what you could do with a game.

14. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I love Kingdom Hearts and the GTA series on PS2. Oh and also the MGS series. Those games are great and it's still a great game until now.

15. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I also think that Def Jam was a really good series for the console and one that I used to spend a lot of time playing.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I loved playing it too both alone and with friends. It was super fun with friends because there were lots of tricks you could do with the environment.

17. peelout247

peelout247 Member

Honestly, I really never saw the big deal with the software on this system even though the gaming community really felt it had a strong list. But the games I did enjoy the most on there was GTA3 and GTA San Andreas. They were some of the titles that stand the test of time in my opinion. Couldn't get enough of zoning out on those few.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

My all-time favorite gaming series is Prince of Persia, I don't know if they released Forgotten Sands on PS2 as well but the trilogy is amazing. I definitely would give them a go if I were you, they're so freakin' awesome!

19. peelout247

peelout247 Member

My list is pretty short but to be fair I haven't got to explore all the titles of this console. Which isn't a bad thing for me considering I still have somethings to collect in the future. But my list so far would be GT4, Gran Theft Auto San Andreas, Marvel vs Capcom 2, TonyHawk2 and some RPG games.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Can't speak for everyone but for me what I liked most about it was the uniqueness of the games as they all had innovations in it that I have never seen and have not seen since on other generations of consoles. Racing games had lots of extra features like police chases and going through barricades as well as taking down you competitors. Even fighting games like def jam were so unique and also even hack and slash games like marvel nemesis also had lots of extra fun features instead of just running around and killing enemies.