Best Driving Experience

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by ray king, Aug 29, 2014.

1. ray king

ray king Member

Which racing game do you think provides the best driving experience. I have played most of them including NFS, GT, GTA, F1, DC etc. But which game provides the feel of a cars real handling, the feel of the road and the best visual experience, so that you can almost imagine that you are driving for real?

2. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeR New Member

The PC-exclusive simulations have to be my choice, more specifically, Assetto Corsa. After trying one of these sims on a real racing wheel and pedals all the games you listed will be child's play. There's a heavy learning curve so be prepared to suck when you start out, just like real racing. Or if you are a good driver then your skills will translate to the game. Don't bother playing with a keyboard LOL

3. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

I'd have to go with Gran Turismo. The driving mechanics are top notch. The developers have gone the extra mile in order to emulate in painstaking detail the handling of each and every car provided in the games. The visuals also always raise the bar for racing games. My main gripe though is the AI. It sucks and doesn't feel like you're racing against a real race car driver. Also, the damage physics in the cars are very unrealistic. But that does not hamper the overall experience that the GT games bring.

4. KKrage

KKrage Member

NFS (Need for Speed) is the most fun because you get to do whatever you want at times, crash wherever, get new cars, escape cops, but I think F1 might have better graphics.

5. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

NFS series is one of the best racing experience providers. It's a bit arcady. Yo don't have to learn any rules. Just come in and have a crack at it.

6. Druqz

Druqz New Member

Have you tried Test Drive Unlimited. It is quite old now, but it has everything you are looking for - good handling of the car, realistic feel of the driving in the city and good visuals for a game that old (2006). I have not tried out the newer ones, but I've watched a few videos and I can tell you that the games have stunning graphics, a ton of new cars and probably many more places to explore.

7. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

I feel that GTR Evolution has some pretty realistic handling, even though it is a bit skiddy. Each car is unique, and has different handling over different types of materials such as grass, pavement, dirt, and even when half of your tire is on the track and the other isn't. It feels really realistic, and you either need to memorize all the controls for changing gears and such or have a Racing wheel, since the controls are so accurate to real life.

8. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

The Gran Turismo games. It feels most accurate to me honestly..