Awesome Weather Effects

Discussion in 'Drive Club' started by ray king, Sep 6, 2014.

1. ray king

ray king Member

I was going to add some screenshots of DriveClub, but that just wouldn't do it any justice. So I have added a gameplay trailer with absolutely stunning weather effects that make the game feel very realistic. The reflection, lighting and the rain almost makes you feel that you are almost really driving a car outside.

2. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

Wow, I'm impressed. The handling also looks very good, and the clouds look really photorealistic. I wouldn't be surprised if they downgraded it for consoles like they did for Watchdogs, since this would seem to require a beastly just for the weather effects. Anyways, it looks really atmospheric, and the reflections really give the impression of an actual slippery road in the mountains, and I feel like I could touch the textures and cars.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

It looks pretty nice honestly. I'm really thinking about picking it up.

4. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Yup. It looks really amazing. I am also going to pick it up when it finally launches. I hope that it turns out to be good.

5. wulfman

wulfman Member

Wow that looks awesome. I'm waiting to get a good deal on a PS4. But this game is on the list for sure.

6. danachka

danachka New Member

That looks so great, I am really impressed by this. Wow.

7. BRyze

BRyze Member

Well, I'm impressed. I don't think I've ever seen weather effects like that in a racing game, or any game really. Grand Theft Auto V had some nice effects but this is incredible. If it has any effect on how the races play out then I'm sold. I'm a sucker for a nice car in a thunderstorm.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That looks so real that I find it almost unbelievable. I just hope that the actual game turns out to be on par with this and not a less powerful version which most times is the case

9. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Member

That's pretty cool. However, as I'm a natural skeptic, the trailer is usually a lot more "cool-looking" than the actual game. I'll have to try it out myself.

10. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Well that definitely does look impressive, you have to admire all the work that goes into doing graphics like that justice. Pretty awesome. I do hope the game lives up to its impressive trailer, though, which is always something I worry about.

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

The weather effects in the game were all right, but the overall game was a steaming pile of bad.

12. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

That was off the hook man! Those weather effects are just surreal. The scenes as one manouvres on the road are mesmerising making the game a hot favourite.Can't wait to get my hands on it.

13. niiro17

niiro17 Member

The weather effects are amazing. It looks so real but too bad the reviews are not good.

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah even though the graphics are impressive they are still just there as aesthetics at the end of the day. The gameplay is what really matters but at least we know they out in a lot of work into it so I am optimistic that the gameplay will be okay as well.

15. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

Oh yeah, the weather in this game is enough to sell it for me. The rain effects on the wind-shield is so perfectly done it is amazing.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Lol I did not know it was that bad. Mind pointing out what you thought of as flaws? I was hyped for this game before but after the delays I lost interest, so hearing that it's bad just furthers that for me.

17. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

That looks really cool. But I think it will have some optimization problems for some computers that can't handle it. Weather effects causes more stress on the frame rate, so if you don't have a video card, you'll have to consider turning the effects off sadly.

18. spectre456

spectre456 Member

This game has quite a few flaws in my opinion, but its look is not one of them. It's one of the best looking racing games out there right now, so I'm not surprised they concentrated this much in making accurate weather effects.

19. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I agree, the rain in this game is really fantastic. I never would've expected something like this from a console title, but the way rain dances on your windshield... it's just mesmerising.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

This video is gorgeous and it definitely makes me more interested in playing the game because I've always been a sucker for realistic weather and daylight in games ever since Shenmue did it in the 90s. The cars in Drive Club look like movie footage. I hope the gameplay lives up to its looks.