Automobilista

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Denis Hard, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Automobilista is a sim racing game made by Reiza studios, a Brazilian game developer. The game was built after the developers raised money through crowdfunding from it's biggest fans. So I expect if they were willing to give money, the game had to be good enough.

If any of you have played this game, how good would you say it is?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

First time I've heard of it, I searched on Google for the game and it seems like a cool crowdfunded racing title, but I'm not really attracted to it. I'll stick to the bigger "guns" like Forza and GT.

Denis Hard likes this.
  3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I've never played this or even heard of it, but I always keep my expectations in check with crowdfunded titles. They usually have great potential, but many of them turn out to be really lackluster come release date.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I've never heard of the game either to be honest, but I'd be willing to give it a go. The problem I can see is that us gamers will be used to the big budget releases so playing a game like this might be sen as a step down to some, but if it ever becomes available to me I'd try and remain neutral while playing it.

5. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Apparently the game though it's being sold on Steam as yet is incomplete.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/431600/
    If you buy it as it is now, you get a free upgrade when development is complete.

If I wanted the game, I'd wait.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Oh right so it's a game that's still being developed and even though you can buy it, it's still not finished yet? In that case then I'd probably wait till the game is complete as well then, as it's alright saying if you buy it now you get a free upgrade to the finished article, what happens if it never actually gets finished for one reason or another?

You''ll have ended up paying for a game that's only half finished and if that happened I could see a few unhappy people, and I'd be one of them.

7. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Which is exactly what those who buy the game are counting on. Save about $20 on the game and still get the finished product. Good thing though is the developers are warning those who might be interested that what they'll be buying is an unfinished game. They could have just released it as-is and ask those who bought the game to download updates which could be released as DLC.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This is the first I'm hearing of this title. I'll have to check out the game and see for myself. I just hope there is something different in it and that it's not just like any other generic racing game out there.

9. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I doubt that they have a Demo version of the game. You buy it at a discount and hope that development for the unfinished game will eventually be completed. Not worth the risk IMHO . . .:

http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-june-development-update.1074/
    . . . because they've still got a long way to go.

10. qag

qag Member

The game looks ok, judging from the steam page, but I can't put down that type of money that's still in such an early stage of development, not the mention it just kind of seems generic overall. Where's the hook to the game? I'm not seeing it - There's other, bigger titles that I'd rather put the money down towards.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll probably just look at some video clips online first as that's often a good enough measure for me to see if I will like the game or not. Thanks for the advice.