Assetto Corsa Coming To PS4 And Xbox One In June

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Alex Bean, May 4, 2016.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Guest

[​IMG]
    Just a couple weeks before the massive Electronic Entertainment Expo [E3] in Los Angeles, PC racing game Assetto Corsa will become available on both Microsoft Xbox One and Sony PlayStation PS4 consoles. Assetto Corsa will be available on June 3, 2016, on both consoles with E3 occurring a couple weeks later from June 14-16, 2016.[​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

It's a pretty great game on Steam, I'm surprised that the PC build came so much earlier than the console build, it's usually the other way around!

3. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

The Game Developers had previously never made a game for any console. All their other 3 Sim Racing games were made for PC. So with AC, PC had to be their go-to platform.

The one thing I don't like about Asseto Corsa is that to actually enjoy the game, you need a racing wheel.

4. Susime

Susime Active Member

We're only in the first half of this year and already it's seeming to be the year of the racing game!

I'm tempted to get it but like Denis said, I might not enjoy it as much if I'm only using a controller with it.

5. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Update:

Asseto Corsa for consoles won't be coming out in June. It has been delayed. Again. The new dates for the game's release are August 26 in Europe and August 30 in North America.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

Anyone else placing bets on them delaying it again so they can release it during the holiday period?

7. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Well they've done it twice now [delaying the game] and doing it a third time would probably anger console gamers waiting for the game but if they can give a valid excuse, they can be forgiven.

8. Arvis

Arvis Member

At first I was disappointed that it was only on consoles but then I kept reading and found out that it's already out on PC, what a great day!

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I've been playing it on PC for a while now, one of the best racing games that came out recently. I'm in love with the cars!

10. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

AC actually is a PC game. What they are doing now is trying to get it on the consoles and with the delays [it seems that it's proving to be harder than they thought]. So if you are into PC gaming then if you want to you can get the game on Steam today.

11. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It sucks that it was delayed as I was really looking forward to it. This seems like a great racing game to have on consoles and I can't wait to try it when it finally drops.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've never heard of this title as I've always just played on consoles but it does look good and I'd be happy to get an additional racing title on consoles as an alternative. I hope it brings something new to the table.

13. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

What you should expect:

24 tracks.
    Over 80 cars and there's also DLC which gets you more cars.
    An "advanced physics engine." It's a sim racer so that's a given.

So basically it's not that different from other sim racing games.

14. qag

qag Member

This is one of my personal favorite racing simulators. I highly recommend console gamers check it out if they're looking for a nice looking, well made racing sim.

15. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Update:

It is now confirmed that there'll be no more delays. Development of the game is complete and it will be released on August 26 in the EU.

16. qag

qag Member

I'm glad to see it's finally confirmed, the high amount of delays for the game got me worried.

17. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Any more delays would have angered those who were eagerly waiting for the game and there'd be some backlash. Not something Kunos Simulazioni would want. I hope though the console version of the game will be good. There are some PC games whose console versions were not that great — Project Cars console port wasn't that good when it was released.

18. qag

qag Member

I would hope that with the many delays the port has gone through that it is going to be good. I've heard positive things about the console versions from the previews, so here's hoping.

Denis Hard likes this.
  19. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I heard the first Alpha version of the game was available in January of February. They've had five or so months to iron out all kinks. So maybe the console port will be good.

20. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well that is certainly some good news. I think that there is probably an element of timing at work here, if the E3 was to follow the release, and it certainly would get people talking about it. In that sense it is a good move by the company, and I think that the consumer wins as well, which is always the result that I want to see. Thanks for sharing.